Walmart, the Fortune #1 Company and the Nation’s largest private employer, is helping people save money and live better - and healthier lives. Walmart strives to be a center of wellbeing in the communities we serve, and we have a unique opportunity to provide access to affordable healthcare to millions of people. We need passionate healthcare professionals to help us achieve our mission.
The Primary Care Physician will be responsible for meeting, assessing, and diagnosing patients in our clinic and providing them with healthcare services that meet State and National standards for caregiving. They will be responsible for prescribing patients with appropriate medication, health regimens and lifestyle adjustments that will contribute to their recovery from diagnosed health issues, prevent future health issues and/or promote a healthier life. This opportunity offers the exceptional experience in cross collaborating with other providers specialized in their fields.
- MD or DO degree from an accredited medical school.
- Successful completion of an accredited post-graduate residency program in specified area.
- Current, unencumbered state medical practitioner license.
- Board certification in Family Medicine/Med-Peds (preferred) or Internal Medicine from the American Board of Medical Specialties or American Osteopathic Association; board eligible candidates will be considered post-residency.
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) registration (when applicable).
- 3+ years of clinical experience preferred; recent graduates and PGY-III residents are welcome to apply.
- Experience providing primary care and diagnostic services in a clinical setting.
- Experience prescribing appropriate medications, treatments, and health regimens to treat patient health issues.
- Experience collaborating with multiple Advanced Practice Nurses to ensure positive, effective patient experiences with our organization.
- Is not sanctioned/excluded/disbarred from any state or federal health plan and has not opted out of Medicare participation.