The Southern Arizona VA Healthcare System in Tucson is looking for full-time Primary Care Physician's in their main facility in Tucson, as well as, their Community Based Outpatient Clinics in Green Valley, Sierra Vista, and Yuma.
As a staff physician in our Primary Care Clinics you will provide comprehensive care to a panel of adult patients, from young adult to elderly, and perform the following:
- Provide care to optimize patient health
- Work seamlessly with other health care team members and support VA patient satisfaction initiatives
- Contribute to the achievement of quality care standards
- Write orders for diagnostic testing
- Prescribe medications
- Consult with specialty services
- Utilize computerized/electronic medical records
- Provide patient care in accordance with professional standards, core values and commitment to service excellence.
- Must be proficient in the use of computerized systems related to patient care.
Average annual panel is approximately 12,000 patients. You will typically treat 8-12 patients a day.
If you're looking for an amazing Work/Life balance, The Southern Arizona VA Health Care System is a great organization for your career.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be B/E or B/C
- Women’s Health experience preferred, but not required
- Computer skills are essential
- Must have full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in ANY U.S. State
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation – unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years’ service
Community, Facility and Organization
The Southern Arizona VA Health Care System (SAVAHCS) consists of eight VHA facilities located in Tucson, Northwest Tucson, Southeast Tucson, Casa Grande, Green Valley, Sierra Vista, Safford and Yuma, Arizona. Tucson is home to the SAVAHCS main campus (285 beds) where key administrative support services, inpatient, outpatient, and specialty care are based. Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) are located in Northwest Metropolitan Tucson (15 miles from Southern Arizona VA Health Care System), Southeast Metropolitan Tucson (19 miles), Casa Grande (68 miles), Green Valley (25 miles), Safford (127 miles), Sierra Vista (72 miles), and Yuma (237 miles).
SAVAHCS is a Joint Commission accredited level 1a complexity, tertiary care and teaching health care system, providing a full range of patient care services utilizing state-of-the-art technology, as well as offering graduate medical education and research. Comprehensive inpatient health care is provided through both primary and subspecialty care; in Medicine (56 authorized beds); Surgery (25 authorized beds); Critical Care-Intensive Care Unit and Step-Down Unit (31 authorized beds); Psychiatry (28 authorized beds); Physical Medicine, Geriatrics and Advanced Rehabilitation (96 authorized beds); Southwestern Blind Rehabilitation Center (31 authorized beds); and Domiciliary-Substance Abuse Residential (18 authorized beds). SAVAHCS operates a 24-hour emergency room. Referral services for VISN 22 include cardiothoracic surgery, angiography, cardiac catheterization, neurosurgery, imaging (tele radiology), nuclear medicine, telemedicine, and blind rehabilitation. In addition, SAVAHCS is the host site for various regional referral centers of excellence including the VISN 22 Poly-trauma Network Site, the Southwestern Blind Rehabilitation Center (SWBRC), and the Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Center (PRRC).
Please send applications (curriculum vitae and letter of interest) via email to: Michael Naccarato, National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant: email@example.com or call 602-277-5551 ext. 3526