Do you have experience with large contracts? Do you enjoy working with the big picture? INL's Business Management Organization is seeking a Contract Specialist who will support the prime contract between the Department of Energy Idaho Operations Office (DOE-ID) and Idaho National Laboratory. In this role you will identify and propose resolution of accounting, budget, or contracting issues. You will also research laws, regulations, directives, and policies that may impact administration of the prime contract.
This role includes a comprehensive relocation package, exceptional benefits, and a flexible 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off). Come be part of something big!
- Ensure accuracy (including integration) and timeliness of contract deliverables.
- Interact and assist with various laboratory personnel on researching and interpreting contract clauses and regulatory requirements, including cost allowability reviews.
- Collaborate with managers and technical leaders at all levels of the organization to provide INL contract analysis and support.
- Maintain understanding of PEMP, CDRL, and Requirements Management processes.
- Collect timely input and perform critical analysis of contract modifications to ensure appropriate requirements are implemented in the contract; coordinate reviews and accurate implementation of changes to support laboratory decisions; maintain conformed contract.
- Coordinate with various other departments (e.g., Legal, Finance, Site Services, Research and Development Directorates) to ensure the company's interests are protected.
- Perform essential problem solving to ensure determinations align with contract requirements; maintain documentation.
- Aid in handling communication with DOE-ID on requirements and issues related to these relationships
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) Security Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field (e.g., Business, Finance, Legal, etc.) and 5-8 years of relevant experience or Master's Degree and 3-6 years. An MBA or JD are preferred
Desired skills and knowledge:
- Self-starter and proactive. Not afraid to dig and research answers while working in the gray
- Passionate about the success of our team and the Lab. A selfless teammate
- Relationship builder. Demonstrated ability to work across multiple business lines to build collaborative relationships
- An ability to write and speak clearly on sophisticated topics.
- Experience with the following: make/buy, complex financial analysis and modeling, contractor transition planning and execution
- Specialized experience and knowledge in one or more of these areas: Idaho Cleanup Project, agreements with INL Site Contractors, FAR Part 31 Cost Allowability, Performance Evaluation Measurement Plan (PEMP), Contract Deliverable Requirements List (CDRL)
- General understanding of the MO Prime Contract, Federal Acquisition Regulations, Code of Federal Regulations, and DOE Orders
- Salary Grade: 190/210
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting. The selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of relevant experience and skills
Certifications: testing designated position (tdp)
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy’s mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation’s nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world’s energy future and secure our nation’s critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/. .