For over 35 years, PBK Architects has been a leader in architectural and engineering design solutions across the United States. We are constantly seeking the brightest and most talented minds to be part of our award winning firm. Here at PBK, we pride ourselves in providing the best in class programmers, planners, architects, engineers, and consultants to offer top notch customer service. We strive to make a positive impact for future generations with our actions today. Here’s your chance, are you ready to make a difference?
Summary - Principal Architect
PBK is in search of a leader to fill the position of Principal Architect. The Principal will serve as a top-level manager in a successful, growing office. He or she will interact regularly with senior representatives of current and prospective clients. The Principal will oversee all client relations, including project team performance and overall client satisfaction. The Principal will have extremely strong inter-personal skills with an aggressive, yet personable, demeanor. It is essential that the candidate be very articulate with exceptional presentation skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who considers him or herself to be an entrepreneurial overachiever. This leader will play a vital role in all facets of directing an operation.
- Strategic : The Principal will be a key contributor to further defining and guiding the strategic plan throughout the Greater Houston area. PBK’s corporate resources and management team will be made available to assist the Principal in meeting these goals.
- Operational : The Principal will ultimately be responsible for the delivery of services, the development of culture and the execution of processes within the offices. You will oversee client relations, including project team performance and overall client satisfaction.
- Marketing/Business Development : The ability to establish and develop relationships with potential clients is essential. You will work closely with the firm’s Marketing & BD departments to develop new opportunities and build relationships.
- Management/Leadership : The Principal will promote a support structure to further develop the abilities of the staff. You will also be responsible for overseeing the recruitment of new staff to supplement an already very talented team.
- Must have prior K-12 and/or Higher Education experience in the Houston area to be considered.
- Must be a Registered Architect in the State of Texas.
- Must have a minimum of 15 years of experience in the architectural profession with no less than 10 years of experience managing project teams and processes.
PBK has built a client base of more than 200 clients, a list that includes school districts, university systems, hospital systems and Fortune 500 corporations. PBK offers employees competitive wages, health care and 401K matching along with numerous opportunities to become involved in extra-curricular activities and organizations established through the firm. PBK has established a culture that has led to the firm being named to the list of “Best Places to Work.”