MaxLinear is seeking a Principal ASIC RTL Design Engineer to join our Irvine, CA design center team. In this role, you will focus on the following:
- Work with architects and leads to understand features to be implemented and verified
- Micro Architecture and Design documentation creation
- Design capture using Verilog / System Verilog to optimize performance, area and power
- Initial verification and debugging test failures
- Specify cover points, reviewing functional and code coverage results and assisting to increase coverage
- Provide assistance to resolve synthesis and timing analysis issues
- Experience in RTL level ASIC design, including use of a source control system and experience debugging RTL code using simulation tools
- Prototype lab bring up and silicon validation experience for at least one device
- Datapath / Packet processing experience
- PCIE Gen4 / 5 protocol understanding and experience
- Expert in Verilog, System Verilog and proficient in verification, timing analysis and optimization
- Experience working in Linux and Windows environments
- Familiarity with Synthesis, STA and Design Audit tools like Spyglass
- Solid knowledge of computer architecture and circuit issues/analysis is a bonus, though a basic working knowledge of these areas is essential
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, excellent attention to detail, and good coding skills and style required
- UVM familiarity is desirable
- Low power design techniques and tool scripting (e.g. Perl) is a plus
- Compression / decompression and encryption / decryption experience is a plus
- Ability to work with a team to achieve individual and joint goals
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 6 years or experience or Ph.D. and 3 years of experience
MaxLinear is a global, New York Stock Exchange-traded company (NYSE: MXL) where the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. We are a fabless system-on-chip product company, designing highly integrated, radio-frequency, and mixed-signal Communications ICs for broadband and infrastructure applications.
We hire the best people in the world and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities in our broadband and infrastructure markets. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems.
MaxLinear began by developing the World’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products for satellite communications, cable modems, and terrestrial TV; diversified into high speed products addressing Datacom applications such as 400 Gbps fiber-optic interconnect chips for high-speed networks; and MoCA technology for home networking.
Our headquarters is in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, CA; in Vancouver, Canada; in Valencia, Spain; and in Bangalore, India.
We have approximately 800 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineering degrees, and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our engineers thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building great products.