Vertex is seeking data and analytics professional with deep data architecture experience and passion for cutting-edge, cloud-based serverless data technology. We seek a data technology leader who can work with our Commercial business leaders and strategists to drive a cloud data architecture that matches the organization’s vision. Come join us as our next We are seeking a Principal Commercial Data Architect!
This position provides advanced data management expertise and direction to our Commercial data and analytics function, helping to revolutionize the way Vertex leverages data and the cloud to build new analytics capabilities and advanced models in our endeavors to get our therapies in the hands of those in need.
We are looking for a data architect with diverse data management experience and the ability to be hands-on to transform how Vertex leverages internal and external data in the Commercial organization., The individual should have experience working with unstructured data and ability to ensure unstructured data can be leveraged securely across multiple platforms. This role will own the design of data lakes and pipes supporting the Commercial organization, including architecture for ingestion, modeling, schema, metadata, quality, validation and ensuring data is optimized for analysis and ready for new learning models to be applied. We’re embracing the serverless ethos where possible and look to architect for flexibility and scale. We need to enable Commercial business users and analysts to be able to discover data relevant to answer business questions quickly and in an agile manner., We’re investing in data science practices and projects and this role will allow data scientists to explore, develop and leverage new models to tackle difficult business problems that help achieve our goal of getting the medical benefit of our therapies to the patients in need.
- Responsible for establishing leadership and deep technical expertise in the data and analytics function by developing a comprehensive data architecture that matches Vertex’s commercial strategy and vision.
- Responsible for the ways data is collected, modelled and used all over the Commercial organization.
- Work collaboratively with Solutions, API and Security architects to design and build a robust cloud-based data platform.
- Defines domain data models and makes sure that all data, regardless of the use case, is managed according to the agreed rules and processes.
- Defines master data management (MDM) strategy, manages the MDM platform, and makes sure that MDM practices and systems are properly utilized all over the data domain.
- Develops a master data governance framework, including a data governance strategy, approach, and roadmap for the data relevant to the Commercial organization aligning with the enterprise master data governance strategy and working in collaboration with enterprise architects.
- Establish a data dictionary and authoritative sources for the core data elements
- Responsible for describing Commercial organization-wide data lifecycle policy and ensuring that is used properly as per the defined rules.
- Design and build data lakes to support the data and analytics needs of the Commercial organization.
- Lead a team of data engineers and integration developers to create data pipelines and model new data sets into the data lakes and data warehousing systems.
- Optimize the data architecture to enable quick data discovery using a diverse set of BI tools.
- Partner with various teams like Commercial Strategy and Operations, Commercial Data Management, Patient Services and Managed Markets to understand and collect their data and enable federated access to the relevant data.
- Use data discovery and data mining techniques to acquire data from different internal Vertex sources like the MDM, CRM, Digital systems , sales and prescription and other similar data sources to help derive business value from the data.
- Partner with and other enterprise data functions to drive the long-term development of commercial data infrastructure, including data warehousing, reporting, and analytics platforms.
- Proven work experience of working as a data architect for 6-8 years preferably in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- 12-15 years of overall IT experience in building and managing technology platforms Expertise in AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Data Pipeline, S3, Athena, DynamoDB NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Aurora and Amazon Redshift.
- Experience implementing enterprise data lakes
- Knowledge of the Commercial business processes in the pharmaceutical industry including Sales operations, Marketing, Patient Services and Managed Markets along with the data sets involved.
- Good understanding of pharmaceutical industry regulations like GDPR, Securing patient data and other industry specific regulations.
- Strong technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience working with databases, SQL, NoSQL storage, data modeling tools and data warehousing design and implementation.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Understanding and experience of working with different enterprise wide data sets including master data (product, customer etc.) and transactional data (sales, CRM data etc.) and managing systems that maintain these data sets.
- Strong data integration and ETL expertise
- Expertise in collaborating with Computer Scientists with expertise in algorithms, data structures, software engineering
- Strong communication skills and ability to work and collaborate effectively in teams of different sizes.
- Masters or PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Sciences