Our client is looking for a Senior IT Auditor to join Enterprise Shared Services’ (ESS) Audit and Compliance team in Reston, VA. In this risk and compliance role, you will perform a wide range of compliance and assurance activities serving as the primary liaison for ESS- IT driving improvements in control and governance processes.
- Manage and coordinate all internal, external and regulatory audits of ESS IT operations, end-user services, cybersecurity and applications including the coordinating conferences / interviews, facilitating data / information requests, assessing audit conclusions / reports for accuracy and completeness, assisting management with review and response to audit findings, and providing status updates to senior management as needed.
- Independently leads annual control and compliance assessments including the Financial Controls Framework audit (similar to SOX 404), DFARS audit (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement), Operational Assurance Statement, Quarterly Business Reviews, Risk Registers and other similar assessments including independently conducting substantive and compliance tests, evaluating testing results and concluding on the effectiveness of controls and the extent of compliance. Leads projects to improve the risk and control environment through ad hoc control / compliance assessments, increasing awareness and knowledge of internal and regulatory compliance requirements, and identifying ways to streamline or improve the control environment without increasing overall risk.
- Oversee the quarterly ESS IT Control Owner Self-Assessment (COSA) process by coordinating efforts, monitoring due dates, providing guidance to functional areas and reporting result to senior management. Reviews planned corrective actions for adequacy and monitors open recommendations and plans of actions and milestones (POAMs) for timely completion.
- Collaborates with IT Business Partners, management and other stakeholders to maintain awareness of changes in risk profiles, promote the awareness of risk and compliance initiatives and deliberate options in addressing emerging risks Provides advisory and investigation support to management and IT Business Partners as needed.
- 4+ years of experience in an audit or compliance role.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience - or - candidates with 10+ yrs equivalent experience may not require a degree
- Technical experience in Applications and\ or IT Operations strongly preferred
- 8+ years of experience in an audit or compliance role.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's degree preferably with an emphasis in information systems, computer science, accounting, business, or related field.
$60.00 - $70.00 /hour