Site: CA - San Jose
Business Title: Principal Design Engineer
Shift: Normal Day
Principal Engineer - RF / Mixed signal
In our Mobile Products Group, we are currently looking for an experienced RFIC design engineer to design Front End Module products for cellular handset applications. The products include a range of high performance, low cost, RF power amplifiers, switches, LNAs and RF passive designs.
The candidate will support products during the entire product life cycle from product definition through product release to end-of-life. As part of a cross-functional product development team the candidate will support other essential disciplines including marketing and applications, project management, quality, characterization, production and test engineering.
- Product Definition: Assist Marketing in defining new products through feasibility studies and technical competitive analyses
- Product Design and Evaluation: RF circuit and module design, Schematic Capture, IC Layout floor planning , Simulation, EM Analysis, and design Validation.
- Product Documentation: Innovate with state of the art designs and communicate novel design techniques to product development team
- Product Characterization: Work with Characterization and Test engineers to define, conduct and analyze data from product performance characterization
- Production Test Development: Work with Test engineers to define, develop and ramp production test solutions
- Product Support: Work with Applications, Product, Test and Manufacturing engineers to help answer customer questions, assess field failures, support yield improvements, etc
- MSEE or PHD with RFIC focus preferred
- 8 + years RFIC design experience required
- Strong analog and RF IC design capability with CMOS, SiGe and/or SOI technologies • Familiar with amplifier, LNA, band gap, Analog, filter, and logic designs
- Real-world strong lab analysis and debug experience required to verify simulated performance
- Familiarity with SOI / CMOS / IPD RFIC design. Some GaAs experience a plus.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills required to work with Headquarters, along with flexibility in communicating with other in different time zones
- Limited (<5%) travel to company Headquarters and customers may be required
- Familiarity with circuit design tools, Cadence is required with ADS and EM experience a plus.
All successful candidates must be able to pass a drug screening test, pass a criminal background check, and provide proof of lawful work authorization in the United States.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVO
We are Qorvo. We do more than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and infrastructure markets – we are a place to innovate and shape the future of wireless communications. It starts with our employees. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what's next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.
Location: CA - San Jose
Activation Date: Thursday, December 5, 2019
Expiration Date: Sunday, December 6, 2020