Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchip is seeking a Dynamics AX technical lead to work in its Chandler, AZ location. The successful candidate will be an integral part of a Dynamics AX team dedicated to delivering high value strategic modules for the Microchip business units and operations. The technical lead will be responsible for managing customizations, integrations and supporting existing systems.
- Design, document, develop, implement, and support Dynamics AX 2012 customizations, including SOAP based webservices and .Net integrations with external systems.
- Participate with business analysts in functional requirements gathering, analysis, and specification, providing technical expertise and recommendations
- Mentor and Coach developers to ensure consistent code development across the whole team in an Agile Development environment.
- Review code and ensure compliance with Microchip and industry best practices. Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve performance issues at the code and database layers
- Document and ensure proper testing of all system changes. Review issue tracker from QA findings with developers. Document release notes and coordinate release activities.
- Work with various IT team members and business users in different regions.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain business requirements to technical staff and technical solutions to non-technical business managers / staff.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to interact with stakeholders, IT managers, and team members.
- Excellent analytical skills in understanding end user requirements, translating requirements to technically feasible solutions, trouble shooting, problem solving, data extraction & analysis, & IT system comprehension.
- General accounting, business process, and development knowledge in all areas of Dynamics AX. Understanding of implementing solutions in a SOX compliant environment.
- Familiar with the Software development life cycle (SDLC) as it pertains to delivering software solutions
- Travel to multiple locations during projects when needed
Education and Experience
- 4 Year college degree in computer science, MIS, Business or equivalent work experience. MS degree is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of AX development experience in x++.
- Experience providing testing, quality assurance, and written documentation in an Agile development environment.
- Demonstrated experience identifying performance issues and implementing processes and systems to improve quality and efficiency.
- Knowledge of additional programming languages is an asset.
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.