Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
As Principal EO Test Engineer, you will research, plan, design, develop, analyze and test a variety of electronic and optical equipment and systems, including displays, sensors, processors, interface units and other electronic devices; circuitry components; analog and digital computers; and control and test equipment.
- Serve as the technical lead and engineering focal point for the design and development of high precision Electro-Optical Test equipment for a variety of military/commercial applications
- Coordinate technical input for proposals and participate in subsequent contract negotiations
- Interface with project management, engineering cost account managers, design teams and functional engineering organizations to obtain agreement on allocated requirements, to resolve/clarify/revise test equipment requirements
- Interface with functional engineering organizations to ensure programs are adequately staffed and executed.
- Consult vendors on components and make final component selections
- Investigate and select subassemblies for incorporation into designs
- Work with development and manufacturing teams to maintain notional schedule of program activities
- Mentor and guide engineers involved in program activities
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Optical Engineering, and 10 or more years of directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with manufacturing and testing practices of high precision EO systems
- Experience with Design Verification Testing (DVT) and Transition to Production efforts
- Experience with managing integrated plans, issues reporting, risk management, etc.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Must be capable of obtaining a security clearance