1913352- Principal End User Architect
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: TN-Nashville-3401 West End Ave
Organization: VUMCIT DTE Admin 108094
Principal End User Architect
- Serve as the VUMC IT Desktop Engineering physical technical support for the VUMC IT Enterprise in support of over 25,000 end user devices.
- Primary function is to lead the team dedicated to support all VUMC IT physical end user devices.
- Support major incidents pertaining to all VUMC IT end user devices and the infrastructure that manages them.
Must have 10+ years’ experience at the Enterprise level with experience using the following:
Understand Change Management/ITSM processes
Support all Windows OS versions
MS Office (advanced level)
- Managing and leading a team supporting physical end points in an Enterprise environment.
- Performing daily system monitoring
- Support on-call rotations
- Performing advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis to expedite incident resolution.
- Develop scripts to gain efficiencies for reporting and automating repetitive tasks.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Technologies including but not limited to Enterprise Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager, Intune. Proficient in VMware virtual infrastructure a plus.
- Responding to support calls both during and after business hours / weekends / holidays / shutdowns.
- Providing configuration management and security compliance for physical end point software and hardware.
- Developing and updating standard Documentation, operating procedures and user guides.
- Collaborating with vendors, customers, application owners and other teams as necessary for projects, tasks and customer support.
- Speaking on behalf of VUMC IT Desktop Engineering leadership while participating and/or implementing customer projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline and 15 years of Information Technology experience.
- 7+ years managing or leading subordinates.
- Able to pass VUMC background checks, preferred a Public Trust clearance.
- Certifications: Microsoft Certified Professional
- 10+ years’ experience and in-depth understanding of Active Directory, DNS and other Microsoft core services.
- 5+ years System Center Configuration Manager
- Knowledge of load balancing, Disaster recovery and high availability.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
- Drive efficient resolution of all incidents through analytical and structured approaches to problem solving.
- Learn new products and technologies.
- Develop standard operating procedures and project documentation.
- Research solutions for various business needs and technical problems; this includes evaluating alternatives and providing recommendations.
- Antivirus technology
- Server virtualization technology, such as VMware or Hyper-V
- Microsoft Intune experience
- WorkSpace One
5 years experience
Additional Qualification Information:
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.