Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, San Francisco, Seattle, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers and follow us on Twitter @Netskope and Facebook.Principal Software Engineer - Kubernetes
If you want to live in kubernetes world, if you want to make it an even better place for everyone, this team is built with people like you and this team is waiting for you. The compute platform team's mission is to bring Netskope services to kubernetes. In this journey, it redefines how to integrate and how to deploy, how to bring up and how to scale, how to monitor and how to debug for Netskope services.Responsibilities:
- Design and develop tools and services used by Netskope products to build, deploy, scale and monitoring in kubernetes.
- Help other teams architect their application to be kubernetes native application, using best practices and sound designs.
- Evaluate many open source technologies to find the best fit for our needs, and contribute to some of them.
- Work with the Application Development and Product Management teams to scale their underlying services
- 10+ years of experience in the field of software development
- Designed and developed cloud service on unix/linux platform.
- Good understanding of distributed systems, data-structure and algorithms
- Go language knowledge will be a bonus
- Strong experience with containerization in Kubernetes or Mesos is a must
- Storage and big data knowledge will be a bonus
- Energetic self-starter, with the desire to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree (MS Preferred)