|Job Id|| E1978700|
|Job Title||Principal Engineer|
|Company - Division||Qualcomm Incorporated - Legal|
|Job Area||Engineering - Systems |
|Location||California - San Diego |
|Job Overview||Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in. Join a team comprising the Engineering, Legal and Business disciplines to provide a range of services and guidance regarding intellectual property (IP) to Qualcomm business units.|
- Analyze Qualcomm's patent portfolio to assess applicability to communication and computing standards and products.
- Develop and execute IP strategy in order to build future QC IP portfolio.
- Provide IP advice and consulting to all Qualcomm department.s
- Help defend Qualcomm's product and business model against third party legal attacks.
- Provide technical and strategic support to QC customers against legal attacks.
- Develop procedures to demonstrate patent infringement, supervise testing, and analyze test results.
- Assess technical and strategic value of 3rd party patent portfolios for potential acquisition.
- Help develop Qualcomm business and technology IP strategies.
- Study technology trends in the industry.
- Recommend technical direction to Qualcomm's various engineering and product groups.
- Participate in patent review boards and standards IP disclosure review boards. All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
|All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.|
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 8+ years Systems Engineering or related work experience.
- 8+ years experience are required in 5G systems, LTE (FDD and TDD), LTE- unlicensed/LAA/MulteFire and associated cellular based standards
- 8+ years experience working with various protocol layers (e.g. PHY, MAC, RRC, TCP/IP, IMS) for systems of interest to Qualcomm.
- Experience in wireless technologies such as WLAN (802.11n/ac/ax, etc.), 3G (UMTS, CDMA2000/EvDO), GSM/GPRS, cellular/WiFi based positioning Technologies -Prior exposure to patents is preferred by not required.
- Experience in defining, implementing or testing standardized wireless technologies.
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to conduct investigative research with minimum supervision.
- Ability and interest to learn new technologies quickly.
- Self-motivation and perseverance.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-experts in the field.
- Flexibility to make quick adjustment in a fast-changing environment.
- A wide network of contacts in the QC engineering community.
|Education Requirements||Required: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.|
Preferred: Master's, Electrical Engineering Preferred: Doctorate, Electrical Engineering
|Keywords||5G, NR, LTE, Multefire, LAA, LTE-U, UMTS, 802.11, WLAN, standards, WCDMA, PHY, MAC, RRC, TCP/IP, IMS, unlicensed|