Sealaska Technical Services (STS), LLC is seeking a part-time Principal Environmental Planner to support our growing federal and commercial business operations. STS is a growing, progressive business that provides environmental consulting, technology integration and deployment, systems engineering, environmental monitoring, and construction management services to a variety of governmental and commercial clients at job sites located around the world.
The successful candidate will have strong Project Management skills to support projects in inland environments. We are looking for a candidate with applied planning skills related to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and other federal statutes with experience working for federal and state agencies.
- Environmental planning and compliance related to water-based and energy projects.
- This position is expected to support the program manager in preparing, reviewing and producing complex technical documents in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master’s degree in a social science or physical science discipline with an urban and/or regional planning emphasis.
- Prior experience developing NEPA compliance documents for federal agencies is highly desirable.
- Experience writing environmental justice and socioeconomics sections for environmental impact statements.
- Presenting information at public meetings.
- Relevant experience planning and preparing technical environmental documents.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities to work with program managers, clients and team participants and a successful track record developing and completing assignments.
- Strong history working with federal and state government clients including the Department of Energy (DOE), Department of Defense, and/or the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Ability to oversee collection and analysis of large, spatially explicit datasets.
- Comprehension of government contract compliance requirements, especially recordkeeping.
- Proficiency with using MS Office and Esri ArcGIS.
- Ability to edit technical documents.
- Due to the nature of this work, U.S. citizenship is required
Position is subject to satisfactory completion of a background check, reference check, physical exam and urine analysis. A valid driver’s license is also required for this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.