The qualified candidate will be hired at theappropriate level commensurate with education/experience.
Perform duties of a Trial Statistician to supportcomplex clinical trials within national or international development projectsor for marketed products as required. Assure well-designed clinicaltrials. Provide statistical expertise necessary to design, analyze,interpret and communicate the results of complex clinical trials. Providestatistical input for publications on clinical trials. Either supportProject Statisticians on complex projects or act as a Project Statistician forearly projects, backup projects, or projects with established BIexperience. Act as a team leader for a complex project or mega-trial.
As an employee ofBoehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery,development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Ourglobal presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborateinternationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute tothe companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantagelie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster ahealthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion,mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation andbenefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
- Perform duties of a Trial Statistician to support complex clinical trials within national or international development projects or for marketed products as required. Collaborate with members of Clinical Research and Marketing, Trial Clinical Monitor and trial teams incl. pharmacokineticist in planning clinical trials and protocols conforming to company and regulatory agency guidelines and/or marketing and publication strategies.
- Act as Project Statistician for early projects, backup projects,or projects with established BI experience.
- Support Project Statisticians of high profile international projects in their responsibilities, especially in their statistical responsibilities in the planning and preparation of regulatory submissions and contribute to efforts on cross-trial planning and harmonization.
- Analyze data from phase I to IV trials incl. responsibility for program validation. Perform exploratory analyses in collaboration with the Project Statistician.
- Prepare accurate, high quality reports of complex clinical trials for registration of drugs and biologics, publications and management.
- Prepare specifications for data analyses by outside vendors as required. Assure compliance with the specifications by reviewing the vendors' products.
- Participate on assigned international teams to promote harmonization efforts for clinical drug development.
- Support management in resource planning and tracking for assigned trials and projects.
- Act as a team leader for a complex project or mega-trial who
- Ensures team members adhere to the SOPs, guidelines and local working instructions.
- Attends all the meetings related to the trial/project needing a statistical input (or send delegates) and send minutes to the team members
- Assist the Head of programming and Head of statistics with the working of vendors, contractors in establishing procedures for programming and validating statistical analysis (writes the scope of work, prepare documents to be sent to the contract research organization (CRO). From a statistical perspective, is the primary contact for CROs (programming validation)
- Acts as a Trial or Project Statistician (TSTAT or PSTAT) for the trial/project. In particular, develops report and programming specifications in a Trial Statistical Analysis Plan (TSAP) and update this document as often as needed.
- Collaborate with the programming group and the data management group to submit very detailed timelines for the trial/project to clinicians. Meeting agreed upon timelines are essential to the success of the clinical trial/project team objectives
- From a statistical perspective, is the primary contact for medical writing (or choose a designee)
- Ensures that protocol objectives are met and project standards are maintained (also responsible to update the project statistical analysis plan when necessary
- Ensures achievement of major statistical deliverables and milestones in coordination with other functions including Clinical Research, Safety, Statistical Programming, Data Management and Medical Writing
- Provides and organizes statistical support for regulatory meetings, questions and submissions.
- Informs management that hours allocated to TSTAT by the capacity algorithm should be updated (follow up the amount of hours entered in the time recording system and related to the trial/project)
- Ensures efficient work within the team by setting priorities and avoiding overlaps between team members
- Works directly and proactively with the Trial, Project or Substance team.
- Assumes responsibility for the coordination of all relevant statistical activities for a Trial, Project or Substance.
- Receives broad operating instructions in performing a majority of duties from manager and keeps manager abreast of programming status. Alerts management in case of resources issues, timelines problems or conflicts within the team
- In collaboration with the statistical expert group member, maintain expertise in therapeutic area, by keeping abreast of new publications with the purpose of increasing the overall efficiency or effectiveness in the department.
Sr. Statistician Requirements:
- M.S. in statistics, biostatistics, or biometry with 3 years of experience in designing, conducting, analyzing and/or presenting routine trials/studies, working with a team to apply statistical methodology to a research question
- Or a Ph.D. in statistics, biostatistics, or biometry (must have received Ph.D. prior to start date with the Company) with graduate level course work, project, consulting or internship experience in: writing the statistics section a protocol or analyzing a clinical trial/case study, working with a team to apply statistical methodology to a research question, communicating basic statistical information to non-statisticians
- Publishing: at least one publication (as primary or joint author) in a statistical, mathematical or clinical journal
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Attention to Detail – Possess a strong quality orientation. Ensure tasks are completed correctly and on time.
Principal Statistician Requirements:
- Ph.D. in statistics, biostatistics, or biometry with at least 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical clinical trial experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry and/or Regulatory Authorities, or M.S. in the above mentioned areas with 6 years of similar experience.
- Ability to interact with authorities on statistical issues at the trial level.
- Thorough knowledge of statistical methodology, processing clinical trial information and the drug development process.
- Ability to communicate statistical information to non-statisticians.
- Ability to write publications (as joint author) in clinical trials.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage project from a statistical perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to design, conduct and analyze a complex trial
- Evidence of strong teamwork in order to successfully work with a trial team and project level team members
Sr PrincipalBiostatistician Requirements:
- Ph.D. in statistics, biostatistics, or biometry with at least 6 years’ experience in pharmaceutical clinical trial experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry and/or Regulatory Authorities, or M.S. in the above mentioned areas with 10 years of similar experience.
- Ability to work on local/global project teams in order to come to resolution on a project.
- Ability to mentor, motivate, teach a scientific/technical staff.
- Offer scientific insight to projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally at all levels of the organization.
- Must have exceptional oral and written presentation skills.
Sr PrincipalBiostatistician Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Record of publications (principal author) in methodological research.
- Extensive knowledge of scientific area of responsibility; ability to ask critical scientific questions and to critique devised hypotheses, experimental designs and results interpretation
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan and conduct a statistical analysis on research.
- Demonstrated ability in supervising scientific/technical work.
· Must be legallyauthorized to work in the United States without restriction.
· Must be willing to takea drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
· Must be 18 years of ageor older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheimwe create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives ofpatients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutionsin areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family ownedcompany we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusiveculture. Learning and development for all employees is key because yourgrowth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com andjoin us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim,including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA,Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal HealthPuerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equalopportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverseworkforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration foremployment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin;age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil unionstatus; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexualorientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical orpsychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victimstatus; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetictesting) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state orlocal law.