As a trusted leader in the wellness industry, Pharmavite is seeking an accomplished, forward-thinker that can deliver results as a Prinicpal Packaging Engineer with a passion for culture, people and the ability to enhance / drive our company purpose of bringing the gift of health to life.
In this role you will provide technical leadership and engineering experience necessary to direct and manage key company growth and innovation packaging initiatives from ideation thru to commercialization, utilizing both external and internal resources. This position will contribute to all aspects of product development, including product briefs, specifications, business systems, and overall product commercialization.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
* Requires a BS/BA degree in Packaging Engineering, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
* "Certified Packaging Professional" issued by the Institute of Packaging Professionals is preferred.
* 15+ years packaging experience. Minimum 10 years' experience in design, development and testing of packaging components, with 5 or more in CPG packaging and managerial experience in a R&D or technical environment. Experience with packaging medical devices, pharmaceuticals or other consumer products including manufacturing scale-up of new products and new packaging is a plus. Previous experience managing vendors and complex technical developments of at least 5 years.
* Possesses a thorough understanding of consumer insight testing as it pertains to packaging design with the ability to translate insights into attributes that drive consumer purchase intent interest.
* Demonstrated project management and organizational skills, demonstrated technical problem solving ability with clear and effective verbal / written communication.
* Possesses the ability to handle multiple projects, navigate away from confusion, and focus on projects
* Possesses an understanding of our competition and strategies & tactics which work in the marketplace
* Maintains detailed knowledge in executing experimental design, and is able to run full factorial, 2^k factorials, or fractional factorial designs
* Can facilitate effective brainstorming, has a sense of managing the creative process, and is good at bringing creative ideas to market
* Has broad awareness of competitor IP and can identify opportunity gaps
* A proven understanding of math and engineering principals is essential
* Solid familiarity with modeling, Finite Element Analysis, simulation, and 3D design
* Ability to effectively present technical concepts to all levels of the organization
* Proven ability to independently plan and coordinate tests, including contingency planning, deemed necessary for success.
* Must be able to comprehend written & verbal instructions
* Familiar with ASTM, TAPPI and ISTA testing methodologies
* Ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities, and to effectively negotiate project requests and priorities to optimize resource utilization.
* Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, TOPS, MS Project and one or more drawing programs (Auto CAD, Solidworks, Rhino, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or similar programs).
* Proven interpersonal skills to positively affect results of cross-functional and internal teams.
* Highly motivated, self-directed, self-managed and efficient to drive measurable results.
* Ability to conduct basic root cause analysis and plan corrective action for challenges encountered.
* Ability to work well with peers and within a project team environment to achieve objectives.
* Must be able to give written and verbal directions/instructions
* Ability to travel independently to plant and vendor locations, sometimes for extended periods
* Understands the Principles of Design of Experiment
We are proud to offer: We aspire to nurture a culture of inclusion that enables and encourages all of our employees to thrive. Bringing the gift of health to life begins with all of us.
Here are a few ways we do that:
* Competitive salary with a bonus program
* Eligibility for our benefits on your first day of employment (medical, dental vision)
* An opportunity to be part of a health/wellness organization
* Annual wellness discounts
* 401K with company matching
* Educational assistance
* Monthly free products
* 11 paid holidays per year
* An opportunity to work with passionate people who care deeply about our purpose and each other!
Pharmavite is located in the greater Los Angeles area - Valencia, CA
Visit our website at Pharmavite.com
Your next leadership opportunity is just a click away!
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
Visit our Product Web Sites:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled