Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Even more exciting is that Discount Tire IT is moving towards a cloud first strategy embracing cloud technologies like AWS, Mulesoft and Salesforce to ensure faster time to market. The Principal Performance Test Engineer designs and architects performance test environments. Ensures test plans, test requirements and test cases Performance, Stress and Endurance testing of application and system related requirements are created. Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics including, but not limited to, defects, defect counts, test results and test status. Ensures performance testing strategies for projects / programs are designed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes automated performance tests, analyzes and reports results.
- Provides expert insight into performance strategies and tools.
- Ensures the creation and execution of Performance Testing; publishes Test results and data, including but not limited to, monitoring data, Application & Server logs; audits the results of junior members; ensure sign-off of the test strategy; provides performance tuning guidance to stakeholders.
- Analyzes performance test execution reports; identifies performance bottle necks; recommends tuning opportunities to stakeholders.
- Directs test strategy and scope; audits overall compliance; interfaces with stakeholders to ensure test strategy viability.
- Ensures performance coverage meets requirements; audits test scenarios.
- Negotiates and determines scope and timelines for intake of new project candidates.
- Ensures test environments are proactively investigated and technical issues are resolved.
- Ensures status reports are created and meet standards / requirements; reviews status reports and identifies Continuous Strategic Improvement opportunities.
- Ensures test validity is evaluated; proactively identifies potential performance challenges.
- Ensures impact analysis is created and assessed; evaluates risk of application design in collaboration with architecture.
- Ensures Performance Test readiness; works with environment coordinator and management to handle provisioning and budget.
- Technical application administrator for performance testing tools; identifies gaps in functionality and budget for tool replacement and extension.
- Ensures application infrastructure tuning is researched and analyzed for optimal performance; works with stakeholders to identify coding improvements and best practices.
- Captures production traffic at regular intervals; updates test scenarios to ensure viability and accuracy; utilizes modeled traffic data to make inferences for future product performance testing.
- Ensures environments are designed appropriately to generate load against the application under test.
- Ensures SLAs and critical transactions for applications and systems are identified.
- Performs quality audits across various IT application; ensures quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed.
- Mentors and trains junior team members.
- Stays current with the latest industry technologies, trends and issues in area of specialty.
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to performance testing processes, procedures and services.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of 8 years performance testing / QA / development experience.
- Understanding of SDLC and STLC required.
- Advanced knowledge of web protocols including but not limited to, HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, and DNS required.
- Advanced knowledge of web page composition, including but not limited to, static vs, dynamic elements and browser behavior required.
- Proven experience with LoadRunner / Performance Center / Stormrunner is necessary.
- Advanced user skill with limited administrative background is needed.
- Experience with opensource performance tools preferred, such as jMeter and Selenium required.
- Programming experience with multiple scripting and interpreted languages, including but not limited to, Javas Script, Java, C, SOAP required.
- Proven experience with databases such as, MSSQL, mySQL and DB2 required.
- Proven experience with software review requirements documents, risk analysis and specification documents is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; must be able to clearly articulate technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing.
- Proven knowledge of server operating systems, server topologies, server hardware and security is required.
- Knowledge of network components and function is needed
- Proven knowledge of evaluating performance of mobile apps and mobile devices
- Must possess strong organization skills, including the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects to meet various deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
- Experience collaborating with offshore performance teams preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, including skills with Word and Excel are necessary.
- Proven ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is essential.
- Customer service skills including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values is key
- The above-mentioned duties require at least a bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in Information Technology and Management, a field closely and directly related to the nature of the work.
- Industry related performance, development and monitoring certifications preferred.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.