The Principal of Physician Network Support Services is responsible for the management of medical groups and IPA practice onboarding, integration, and ongoing administrative services. The director will oversee the administrative functions of physician benefits management, accounts payable, payroll and compensation as needed. The principal will provide practice acquisition support for physicians joining Hoag Clinic carefully coordinating with necessary support services teams. The principal will serve as the point of escalation for Hoag Physician Partners (IPA) regarding administrative or operational concerns/issues regarding member issues and issues with Hoag sponsored practice management services. The principal will manage a team to serve problem-solving or triaging physician issues; coordinating training and education; facilitating reporting/data utilization as requested; and connecting physicians to respective MSO services. The principal will analyze physician performance reports and dashboards across medical groups and IPA and work closely with administrators and physician leaders to identify coaching opportunities and maximize performance. As a member of the management team for Hoag Clinic, the principal will assess physician engagement opportunities and implement strategies for continuous improvement. The principal exemplifies the mission, vision and values of Hoag and acts as an emissary of the leadership team.
- Administers medical group physicians’ benefits management (benefit enrollment, health enrollment, health insurance and disability), medical malpractice, and other related insurances, accounts payable, payroll, compensation and benefits for Hoag clinic aligned medical groups and others as requested
- Leads audits and functions as an escalation point for physician inquiries in regards to compensation or other administrative issues
- Establishes relationships with Hoag Physician Partner physicians that enables the facilitation of issue remediation and directs operational improvement for MSO services as well as identifies and facilitates in the deployment of new service offerings
- Manages resources that provide field support to Hoag Physician Partners for administrative and operational education, issue management and inquiry support
- Partners with Member Services team to ensure standardization, expertise, and high concierge service is provide in addressing inbound physician calls, email and chat messages
- Provides account management services of Hoag-sponsored third party entities that provide practice management support (billing, IT, HR, etc.)
- Manages the scheduling, onboarding, and education of physicians in the recruitment pipeline in coordination with medical group leadership, credentialing, marketing, quality, revenue cycle, experience, as well as ensuring integration within Hoag Clinic
- Directs overall strategies in management, planning and oversight of daily administrative activities to ensure deadlines and objectives are met
- Ensure the accuracy and management of Hoag Physician Partners data after the process of credentialing to ensure accuracy in reporting to all departments (contracting, marketing, credentialing, etc)
- Participates in physician engagement and Hoag experience planning, implementation, and sustainment tactics
- Assist HR with recruitment support answering inquiries related to onboarding and day to day operations
- Ensures that the recruitment process of preparation of Letters of Intent and Employment Contracts occur timely and with consultation of medical group leadership
- Responsible for communication escalation to medical group leadership and Hoag Clinic leadership of physician concerns that require further investigation or action
- Oversight of coordination of medical group networking events, retreats, and/or meetings. Attends events as appropriate as Physician Services representation of the Hoag Clinic
- Develops, implements, and evaluates departments budget and resource allocation as driven through the oversight of Hoag Clinic’s executive team and the organization’s strategic plan
- Performs personnel functions (e.g. interviewing, evaluating, supervising, etc.) for the purpose of motivating and maintaining a high performing team, enhancing productivity of personnel and achieving objectives
- Defines and manages key performance indicators within the department and fosters continual improvement activities
Education, Training and Experience
Bachelor's degree in business/healthcare administration, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field
• Three (3) years of experience managing staff.
• Five (5) years Healthcare Experience or Five (5) years in Account Management in another industry
• Master’s Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration or related-field
• Physician Relations or Human resources experience/background.
Skills or Other Qualifications
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task, handle several projects
• Superior verbal and written skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the highest level of tact and diplomacy with all levels of personnel from Senior Leadership to frontline staff, including Board Members, Board Committee Members, Community Leaders, Legislators, City Council Members, Physicians, Volunteers and Employees.
• Demonstrated success in managing performance and development of others (either directly or indirectly).
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate team meetings and deliver presentations.
• Simultaneously, prioritize competing efforts and delegate duties.
• Strong strategic and critical thinking skills.
• Strong customer relations focus and relationship building capabilities.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Visio.
• Independent self-starter; work independently within established guidelines, and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to partner with the President to understand nuances, appropriate protocol and specific preferences of the executive, and execute on the level of support required/expected.