The Principal Product/Content Manager continues to provide a leadership role for one or more products and serves as a trusted authority to contribute in the product/content roadmap and alignment to company-wide strategies. The Principal Product/Content Manager has a department-wide influence on product/content management practices and product growth. This role begins to focus on product strategy to meet current as well as medium to long-term goals.
- Directs expertise across products and/or content sets to address client workflows
- Directs development across a larger set of products and/or content sets, including research and planning
- Responsible for all communications for product/content enhancements and 'Go to Market' discussions
- Responsible for the execution of the quarterly operational plan
- Influences the recruiting and interviewing for the department
- Responsible for identifying key product/content metrics and methods of reporting
- Influences key resource discussions for the larger group
- Influences the continuous improvement of product/content quality tools, infrastructure, and process improvements
- Working directly with customers and partners to perform validation.
- Establishing and fostering a culture of customer-focused innovation, including a consistent and thorough process to understand customer needs.
- Helping to ensure adherence across the product management function to key activities in the innovation and go-to-market process (e.g. competitive analysis, release readiness).
- Delivering user stories, use cases, business requirements, and functional requirements according to industry best practices.
- Works directly with the product development team to define product requirements and business challenges and ensure they match client expectations.
- Responsible for product roadmaps and prioritizing enhancements to existing products
- Interacts with the content strategists, product development, sales, UX/UI, and engineering to develop and integrate client facing product and resolve any issues that may arise
- Coordinates with other content teams to exploit synergies and opportunities to share technologies and/or integration of products
- 10+ years relevant experience (recommended)
- Proven leadership for a larger product suite and/or content sets
- Demonstrated understanding of overall company strategy and ability to lead Product/ Content development accordingly