The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Take a step towards designing your career with Stantec. Our Science Technology group seeks a Principal and Project Director to join our growing team in the Pittsburgh, PA location. The ideal candidate will have experience in all phases of planning and design of academic and corporate science facilities. You will be developing client relationships, leading business development activities and continue our growth and success in our S&T market sector and in diversifying our client and project base. In addition to the external development, we are looking for a leader to inspire our team, represent design, and reinforce the national brand of Stantec.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Sustain and grow revenue within the S&T market, helping to achieve top line growth for the business sector, and working collaboratively with the project team to achieve key operational performance metrics.
- Play a key leadership role and be an essential part of a project team working on all phases of a design project from Programming and Schematic Design through Construction Administration in the Academic and Corporate Science & Technology sector.
- Manage business development pursuits including strategic proposal development for the group and coordinating a core group of interior design and architecture professionals to achieve business development and financial goals.
- Serve as a seller-doer generating work, creating long-term relationships and delivering long-term value to clients for Stantec.
- Lead and coordinate business development efforts, including market research, client relationships, developing leads, and securing contracts.
- Develop and drive marketing and business development (M&BD) plans, budgets, and key performance indicators.
- Develop, review, and approve proposals, reports, and contract documents in accordance with Stantec policy.
- Develop and maintain industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits.
- Attend selected conferences and maintain active memberships in associations (such as board posts and committee memberships).
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Multidisciplinary experience in any or all of the following markets: higher education, science and technology, healthcare and workplace.
- Demonstrated design acumen and leadership on major projects.
- Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications.
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base.
- Strong seller-doer capable of generating work and creating long-term relationships and delivering long-term value to clients for Stantec.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization, coordination, leadership, team-building and managerial skills.
- Knowledge of market assessment techniques, insights, and contacts.
- Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strong client relationships.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
15 years of experience in business development in the architecture industry.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Butler, United States-Connecticut-New Haven, United States-Ohio-Cleveland
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Req ID: 190001UP