Cubic Transportation Systems
Company Details:Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Provides direct support on quality and compliance to internal departments and programs whilst remaining aligned to company-wide strategic business objectives. Responsible for implementing best practice, preventative, and continuous improvement quality management systems that provide customer satisfaction. Ensures quality compliance to contracts, industry regulations, state and federally mandated standards, including policies and procedures throughout the business unit. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise limited discretionary decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures product development programs are compliant to ISO Quality standards.
- Works with QA Management and regional programs to develop the Cubic Quality standard.
- Implements Quality goals and objectives in support of company-wide strategic business plans, as well as supporting QA management with special projects.
- Working within a program, provides independent, objective status reporting to management.
- Develops effective working relationships with internal customers, promoting ownership, prevention, and knowledge sharing.
- Instruments, analyzes and reports program SQA/ Test performance.
- Ensures peer reviews, code inspections, and assessments are held.
- Promotes and facilitates stakeholder root cause analysis.
- Conducts planned ISO audits with internal departments, programs and subcontractors.
- Participates in the development of Cost of Quality analyses and generates required reports.
- Interfaces with all appropriate departments, programs and subcontractors as related to quality problem resolution.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in an engineering or technical-related discipline. Working knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) required. Minimum two years’ experience in software or hardware engineering development.
Additionally desired: Knowledge of ISO 25010 SQA (formally ISO 9126), proficiency in use of DOORS, MagicDraw, JIRA, QTest, Git, Jenkins, SourceMeter, PC-lint, SonarQube, FxCop, ALM. Experience/ knowledge of test automation.
Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interface with employees at all levels, customers and subcontractors. Must be objective and self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision. Must have ability to prioritize, progress multiple projects in parallel, and work under deadlines. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential. Must have a positive people-oriented attitude. Able to work in a team environment and approach all challenges openly.