Our great Fortune 500 client in Downtown Milwaukee has several openings for Principal QA Test Engineers. No C2C please. If you are interested please apply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Principal Test Engineer reports to Enterprise Quality (EQ) Assurance Manager.
This role is responsible for supporting testing compliance checks for IT development projects, infrastructure changes and for routine maintenance releases. This individual will participate in conducting QA governance audit of our Enterprise Quality standards and processes and will help to institutionalize our IT Quality & Testing Standards
The Principal Test Engineer will assist EQ Manager in the development of the testing and quality standards, educating teams on the quality standards, conducting governance checks. This role will also be responsible for assisting the stakeholders with correcting the identified non-compliance issues to ensure that we maintain high quality and high availability production system and services.
The Principal Test Engineer will oversee multiple projects or teams of subject matter experts, will develop and strengthen internal/external relationships, establish cross-team partnerships to deliver on quality goals, maintain business continuity, and align enterprise releases to IT business objectives.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Participates in Project kickoff, project audit meetings according to planned dates with all responsible stakeholders from all the project phases
• Assist Enterprise Quality (EQ) Manager in conducting QA Compliance checks for IT development projects, infrastructure changes and for routine maintenance releases
• Reviews and analyzes project deliverables and metrics regarding prescribed quality gate scorecards.
• Responsible for the verification across all project stages, ensuring work is of high quality and completed in a full and accurate manner.
• Assists Quality Governance Manager in delivering Compliance scorecard and audit results to the relevant stakeholders after each audit.
• Identify, collect, manage required data for measured SLAs and other project related metrics
• Assist teams with correcting the identified non-compliance issues to ensure that we maintain high quality and high availability production system and services by providing necessary guidance and coaching.
• Supporting project teams in developing status metrics and JIRA dashboards as needed
• Support the EQ Manager with creating audit scorecard and non-compliance report along with collecting evidence
• Assist EQ Manager in collecting and reporting compliance and quality metrics trending reports monthly.
• Utilize compliance and quality metrics to drive quality standard improvements as part of the regular continuous improvement efforts.
Minimum of 8 years of experience in Software Testing/Quality Assurance and 5 years as Test Lead
Excellent knowledge of Software Testing, Quality Assurance, Governance, and Test Engineering
Deep knowledge of structured software testing, agile concept, test engineering and quality assurance.
Hands on experience with supporting test teams
Knowledge of IEEE, ISO and/or ISTQB testing standards.
Knowledge of Jira and Test Management tools
Nice to have
Hands on experience with the test maturity assessments.
Knowledge of test automation tools and performance testing tools
History of being a skilled governance analyst with previous maturity assessment capabilities to assist in the evaluation of enterprise test maturity is preferable
Experience with continuous improvement and root cause analysis techniques.
Six Sigma experience is a plus.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178