Our client in New York City has an excellent opportunity for a Principal Security Engineer!
- Collaborate with engineers to develop secure services.
- Audit source code for security vulnerabilities.
- Develop/implement automated systems to help spot known security exposures.
- Consult on discovered security flaws, how to exploit them, and how to remediate flaws.
- Conduct threat mapping with respect to competitors, state-sponsors and hacktivists.
- Conduct intelligence gathering including digital, social and physical aspects.
- Conduct attack simulation exercises on a periodic basis.
- Continuous assessment around effectiveness of defense response.
- Demonstrate use of information and access by adversaries to stakeholders.
- Ensure adherence to appropriate standards, best practices workplace policies and procedures.
- Work effectively as a team member, providing hands on support, maintaining communication and updating senior staff on progress.
- Participate in Incident Response procedures if/when required.
- Strong understanding of the intelligence lifecycle and models including Cyber Kill Chain and MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Experience in cyber threat landscape, TTPs, threat actors and groups.
- Experience in threat actor and threat group profiling.
- Exposure and understanding of open source intelligence OSINT.
- Exposure and understanding of cyber threats in the financial sector.
- Exposure and understanding of underground criminal communities and dark web.
- Technical knowhow of malware reverse engineering.
- Visibility and presence in the threat intelligence community.
- Experience with SIEM technologies, threat hunting, monitoring and investigations.
- Excellent analytic and writing capabilities.
- Mentor and guide security analysts in cyber threat intelligence skills.
- Ability to work with minimum guidance.
- Liaise with stakeholders and seek requirement clarification.
- Exposure to Unix/Linux environments with knowledge of commands & basic shell scripting will be an added advantage.
- 7-11 years relevant experience, successfully delivering in an Enterprise environment.
- Bachelor / Master’s of Engineering in Computer Science / Information Security / Cyber Security
- Network and security and tools, including IDS/IPS, NAC, DLP, VPN, firewall management and audit, endpoint, anti-malware, database audit and monitoring.
- Strong experience with secure architecture design.
- Security expertise in one or more of: Python, Bash, C, C++, cryptography, reverse engineering, wireless networks, common web vulnerabilities (SQLi, XSS, CSRF), exploit development.
- Security applications utilized for logging, packet capture, email, directory services, web, authentication, remote access, and encryption.
- Database audit / security background is a strong plus.
- Cloud security deployment and controls.
- IT security technologies, policies, and procedures.
- Flexible to work in different time-zones, based on Business requirements.
- Conduct training and mentoring of team members.
Please email your resume to email@example.com.
118,395.00 - 144,764.00 /yearWhat is this?
Cyber Security Engineer
Cyber Security Engineer