NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Utility Services, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
We are seeking a Senior level Geotechnical Engineer to lead and grow our geotechnical engineering practice in Ventura, CA. The successful candidate should be entrepreneurial. He/She should be enthusiastic and well versed in leading and contributing to engineering teams in the delivery of geotechnical engineering design. Success in this position requires a person who can adapt to a variety of personalities and business conditions and can work within a multidiscipline team. The person must possess skills in problem solving and critical thinking, and must be steadfast in the execution of assigned duties. The person needs to be an effective leader and collaborator with an ability to build and motivate teams
• Responsible to grow and lead a successful geotechnical engineering practice in Orange County / Los Angeles County
• Technical lead on local Geotechnical Engineering projects including Design Built projects.
• Project Management: Manage projects from inception through completion and have primary responsibility for managing client expectations and ensuring that delivery meets expectations. Manage projects to meet client expectations for technical excellence, budget and schedule.
• Business Development activities: Implement a business plan, be active/known in the Orange or Los Angeles County A/E community, develop and maintain client relationships, bring in new clients, assist in preparation of proposals.
• Participate in training and mentoring of staff.
• BS in civil engineering with an emphasis in geotechnical engineering or Geology (Required)
• MS or PhD in Geotechnical Engineering (Preferred)
• A minimum of 6 years of experience as a Registered PE (Required)
• Existing client relationships with a proven track record of business development.
• Ability to work as part of a multi discipline team, think creatively, and problem solve.
• Demonstrated experience with project planning and writing/reviewing technical specifications and reports.
• Working knowledge of standard geotechnical software such as slope/W, LPile, Liquefy, etc…
• Experience with forensic engineering is a plus.
• Registered Civil Engineer or Certified Engineering Geologist in California
• Registered Geotechnical Engineer in California (Preferred)
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.