Location: Irving, TX
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are transforming our existing CV platform from an on premise, monolithic, closed architecture system to a modern, open, micro-services, cloud based system. Working on our team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. We focus on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
We are seeking a motivated and passionate software professional to help us create, extend, and maintain our connected car software platform. This position will lead multiple software development initiative and teams to deliver the next generation of functionality for our customers. This position will play a pivotal role in defining the processes for our teams and the architecture for our systems. Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist with developing and championing the architectural principles to be used as building blocks for the CV platform.
* Analyze requirements and technical specifications, and create architectural designs using cloud-based IaaS and PaaS components.
* Design and assist in the implementation of cloud based micro-services.
* Identify risks and issues with existing systems and designs and develop risk mitigation and transition strategies.
* Discover and evaluate new technologies and software designs for suitability for use in the CV platform.
* Create and maintain technical documentation for the CV platform architecture, services and operating principles.
* None. Minimum Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or related field; master's preferred, or equivalent, relevant experience.
* 10+ years of experience as a software developer with experience in multiple development languages and platforms delivering multiple commercially deployed products to market.
* 3+ years of experience developing highly scalable and reliable software systems on AWS.
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Mentoring skills and competencies, with an ability to transfer knowledge to junior and senior members of engineering teams.
* Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both written and verbally.
* Acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
* A proven history of technical and organizational leadership.
* Proven ability to lead and work within geographically distributed engineering teams.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to quickly assess multifaceted problems and complex situations and recognize patterns to identify and resolve the root cause.
* Ability to analyze new technologies, emerging standards and market trends, and understand how they affect products today and, in the future.
* Occasional international and regional travel.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experienced with shipping commercial products using agile software development methodologies; Scrum and/or Kanban.
* Experience with Cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS, GCP or Azure.
* Experience with Linux and mobile technologies.
* Experience with data driven applications and the technologies to manage big data.
* Experience with DevOps best practices and ability to establish a continuous deployment pipeline.
* Ability to review architectures, designs and code, and work with engineers to resolve issues at all levels.
* Expert technical understanding of algorithms, software patterns and anti-patterns.
* Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled