Location: Irving, TX
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are transforming our existing CV platform from an on premise, monolithic, closed architecture system to a modern, open, micro-services, cloud based system. Working on our team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. We focus on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate software architect to help us evolve our existing systems to ensure the reliability, safety and security of our customer's data and services in a distributed cloud platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Subject matter expert for all matters related the security architecture and architectural principles for the CV platform
* Work with the engineering, operations and corporate IT teams to ensure the security of our customer's data and services
* Identify risks and issues with existing systems and designs and develop risk mitigation and transition strategies
* Works with internal and external teams to develop threat models and to participate in vulnerability assessment and penetration testing activities
* Discover and evaluate new technologies and software designs for suitability for use in the CV platform
* Create and maintain technical documentation for the CV platform architecture, services and operating principles
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
* Bachelor's (BSc) in engineering, computer science, or related field; master's preferred
* 10+ years of experience as a software developer with experience in multiple development languages and platforms delivering multiple commercially deployed products to market
* 3+ years of experience ensuring the security of a commercially deployed system on AWS
Requirements and General Skills:
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect
* Experience with balancing the external customer and internal engineering needs with the mandates of a highly secure system
* Hands on experience with evaluating, deploying and maintaining security related technologies
* Mentoring skills and competencies, with an ability to transfer knowledge to junior and senior members of engineering teams
* Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both written and oral; acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners
* Experienced with shipping commercial products using agile software development methodologies; Scrum and/or Kanban
* A proven history of technical and organizational leadership
* Proven ability to lead and work within geographically distributed engineering teams
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to quickly assess multifaceted problems and complex situations and recognize patterns to identify and resolve the root cause
* Ability to analyze new technologies, emerging standards and market trends, and understand how they affect products today and, in the future
* Occasional international and regional travel
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experience with Cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS, GCP or Azure
* Experience with Linux and mobile technologies
* Experience with data driven applications and the technologies to manage big data
* Ability to review architectures, designs and code, and work with engineers to resolve issues at all levels
* Expert technical understanding of algorithms, software patterns and anti-patterns
* Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled