About OathOath is a guide focusing on making users' daily habits inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the world. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses.
A Little About UsWhen you impact millions of people every day, you become a large target for adversaries in all layers of the stack. Our job is to keep our users safe and make Oath one of the safest places on the Internet. People call us “
”, the Information SecurityOrganization at Oath. Our team is the Paranoids Engineering team, part of the Information Security Organization. We are the platform engineering team for the Paranoids. We research and build security capabilities into Oath infrastructure and applications that help defend against attacks. We deliver core security capabilities to bridge the gap between external software products and organizational needs. We build services needed to harden infrastructure and identify and prevent security threats and attacks. We also enforce Secure Software Development Lifecycle to help ensure software built at Oath is secure before going to production.
A Lot About YouYou will be responsible for the design and development of end-to-end features to help make one of the world’s largest internet services the most secure and user friendly, working with seasoned architects, data scientists, creative product managers and a group of very bright engineers. You must have strong development experience in object-oriented languages, practiced test-driven and agile development religiously, are familiar with web security and scrum methodology and can leverage cloud, big data and machine learning. You have an analytical and problem solving mindset to complement your superior communication and presentation skills. You can meet people and quickly get to the essence of their issues. You can make good recommendations on how they should architect their systems to meet their needs while aligning their requirements with the Paranoids organization’s roadmap.
- Participate in weekly scrum team planning meetings and daily stand-ups
- Design and scope solutions for new features, and participate in design review discussions
- Implement new features, including unit tests, functional tests, and documentation
- Demo what you have completed, when appropriate, in a weekly meeting to solicit feedback to further improve the feature
- Participate in code reviews of other engineers’ work
- Evaluate feature requests originating from outside the team, and work with the requester to determine the optimal solution
- You Must Have
You Must Have
- 7-10 years of Object-Oriented design skills and proficiency in either C++ or Java or Go
- Strong foundation in Computer Science, data structures and algorithms.
- Good understanding of web related security issues.
- Familiarity with cryptographic protocols, implementations, vulnerabilities, performance characteristics, and tradeoffs
- Knowledge and experience in building large scale distributed applications using various software design patterns and OO design principles
- Familiarity with web servers and web services API
- Solid understanding of the software development process: test driven development, agile development and scrum
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Development experience in an Unix/Linux environment
- Superior communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field. MS/PhD in CS preferred
Preferably, if you have
- Experience in mobile development (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, etc)
- Cross-browser, cross-platform coding
- Experience with cloud/grid computing. Familiarity with Hadoop ecosystem.
- Experience with applying machine learning in product solution.
- Experience with data pipelines, statistical analysis, machine learning, AI
- Strong experience in API, SDK, and Web Service design
- Proficiency in HTML, XML, and SOAP
- Experience in shell scripting and Perl
- Working knowledge of RDBMS, SQL and NoSQL
- System administration background with Linux
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.