At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrup Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
Grow your career as part of team that delivers high value applications utilizing the latest development standards and practices while working in an agile environment.
The selected candidate will develop and implement software test plans in a lab environment supporting various space, aircraft, and ground systems.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software
- Determines computer user needs: analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls
- Prepares operating instructions
- Designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs and operating systems
- Ensures software standards are met
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of experience in software engineering
- Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of experience in software engineering
- Demonstrated experience developing software/writing code in C++ or other Object-Oriented Programming languages
- Demonstrated experience with Linux/Unix and Windows development
- Demonstrated experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- The ability to obtain and maintain aSecret level DoD Security Clearance
- Master's degree in computer engineering, computer science, or software engineering
- Experience with Rhapsody, Eclipse, Atlassian Tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Crucible, Bamboo)
- Experience with Agile software development
- Preference to work in software/hardware integration and rapid prototyping
- Experience developing software targeted for Linux
- Experience with Google test
- Experience developing software for production baselines
- Experience with software requirement development
- Experience with Python
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.