My name is Luke I am a Technical Recruiter with Apex Systems, the 2nd largest IT staffing firm in the US. I have a Principal Software Engineer opportunity for a major media company in the Clearwater Florida area that I think you could be an ideal fit for. It is a 6 month contract to hire with competitive pay. Listed below are the responsibilities and skills that my client is looking for. If you are interested in learning more please either respond to this message or give me a call back at (813) 281-8800.
Role: Principal Software Engineer
Duration: 6 Month Contract to Hire
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer with 10+ years of hands on software development experience across different Java/J2EE technologies. Ability to drive design, development, test and debug lifecycles of the project development. Takes ownership of day to day issues and escalations and bring issues to resolution. Be able to interact and work closely with other business and technical teams. Provide technical expertise and guidance to project teams and help develop strategies for developing complex applications.
• Developing the next generation of back-end service and processing engines
• Assist in the planning and specification authoring for feature development
• Develop software precisely meeting specifications
• Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
• Engineering software solutions that employ a diverse range of technologies such as Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Hbase, NoSQL, Storm, Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, etc.
• Build scalable, reliable, cost effective, and high quality solutions for both on-prem and the Cloud
• Expert level experience in Java/J2EE technologies
• Intermediate experience with relational databases, SQL and NoSQL.
• Expert level experience in Java messaging technologies and products like AMQ, JMS, SQS, etc.
• Intermediate level experience in CI/CD tools and processes.
• Knowledge of and experience with working on common design patterns and industry standards.
• Experience with version control systems, preferably git, Bitbucket, SVN.
• Versed in different development methodologies (Scrum, etc.)
• AWS, EMR, or any other cloud based experience
• Strong knowledge of Hadoop, HBase and MapReduce, Spark
• Experience in building dockerized applications and using orchestration engines such as Kubernetes or AWS EKS
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178