Principal Software Engineer
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing Mobile Cloud Technology Team. Cvent’s Mobile Product Development team is engaged in building new products and features utilizing the most cutting-edge tools and technologies. Event Planners rely on Cvent for the full life cycle of their events. The Mobile cloud teams offer products and solutions for Event Planners to support the day of the event through products such as Cvent OnArrival, OnArrival 360, CrowdCompass and LeadCapture.
Cvent’s Technology Team is a great opportunity for you to:
- Create beautiful, interactive and easy-to-use mobile applications that have been downloaded millions of times in both the Apple and Google app stores.
- Work on Internet scale applications where performance, reliability and scalability, are critical design goals – not after-thoughts.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and API first design to build robust RESTful APIs hosted on AWS for scale.
- Gain experience with different database technologies, ranging from traditional relational to the latest NoSQL products such as Couchbase and Elastic Search.
- Gain professional experience working in a product-oriented, SaaS technology company.
Skills/Qualifications we are seeking for our Principal Software Engineer to have, are:
The prerequisites for joining our development team are simple. We want people who take ownership over the full scope of their product – design, development, and even operations. Cvent is about empowering developers to apply what they do best to empower our users to plan and run great events. Developers who take the initiative to find and solve problems thrive here.
For this specific position, you will have a leg up if you also meet the following criteria:
- 10+ years of overall development experience using mainstream modern server-side languages such as Java or C#; familiarity with modern frameworks for those languages.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science OR a related technical discipline. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Experience with using and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Experience building scalable web and/or mobile applications
- Experience with persistence tools such as relational and document databases
- Mastery of application design patterns
- Experience collaborating in an Agile environment with minimal supervision
Cvent offers a fun, collaborative and collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, semi-annual bonuses, 401K Match, gym membership discounts and other great perks! If you would like to learn more about Cvent and our products, visit our website at www.cvent.com
EEO[/AA]Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans; Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace