At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Software Engineer
Capital One is seeking Full Stack Software Engineers for Commercial Bank Payments Technology organization to develop APIs and Microservices as part of the enterprise payment hub solution. Consumers will range from stakeholders across our lines of business to customers using our Capital One applications on mobile, websites.
Who you are:
· You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
· Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
· You love to learn new technologies and mentor/lead junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
· It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and open source contributions you are proud to share
· Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 6 years of experience in Java using Tomcat or Spring
- At least 4 years of experience developing and consuming RESTful services
- At least 4 years of experience designing and building microservices
- At least 4 years of experience with Jax-RS or Jersey Frameworks
- At least 2 years experience with RESTful API’s and API life cycle
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- At least 2 years of experience with Agile Scrum methodologies
- At least 2 years of experience with test driven development (ATDD)
- At least 2 years of experience building and deployment automation (CI/CD)
- At least 2 years of experience using Cloud Automation Docker
- At least 2 years of experience with Linux systems such as Shell, Perl or Python
- At least 2 years of experience with Cassandra, NoSQL or PostgreSQL
Relocation assistance will be provided for candidates who qualify!
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.