Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems Sector has a need for a Principal Engineer Software at its Subsystem and Software Sustainment (S&SS) organization in Warner Robins, GA.
This engineering position is for anrole on the Software Engineering Team that supports modeling and simulation, electronic warfare, avionics, and radar sustainment programs.
Your responsibilities include:
- Design, implement, document, test and debug software.
- Analyze electronic warfare system capabilities to resolve problems, develop requirements, prepare operating instructions, simulate and test software designs, and perform data analysis.
- Research and collaborate on new software algorithm designs.
- Execute, analyze, and evaluate software applications for military systems.
- Use various integrated development environment tools and applications to identify and troubleshoot software algorithms.
1. BS Degree in a STEM discipline with5 years of relevant experience; OR MS Degree with3 years of experience; OR PhD with0 years of experience
2. Experienced in either Avionics, Electronic Warfare, Radar, or Test systems
3. Experience in translating software requirements into software design, producing software code from designs, and testing and debugging software code.
4. Ability to plan and execute system integration, verification and validation as part of a cross functional team.
5. Demonstrated use of high level programming languages such as C/C++, C#, Java, and/or Ada.
6. Experience with software tools such as GIT, JIRA, Eclipse, and/or Visual Studio
7. A current DoD Secret Clearance.
8. Ability to obtain/maintain access to work at our Warner Robin, GA facility.
1. Experience designing OFPs
2. Experience designing hardware in the loop testing capabilities
3. Experience with real-time operating systems
4. Experience with emulation/virtualization technologies
5. Experience with Wind River Simics Products
6. Experience with automated testing techniques and tools
7. Experience with scripting language such as Python
8. Experience with interfaces such as MIL-STD-1553B, Fiber-Optics,and/or Intel M82916 Pi Bus
9. Experience withi960/PPC 7448, or MPC 8548 processors
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.