A best friend's wedding, a 10th anniversary party, BlizzCon, AWS re:Invent, The Grammys, a first concert, the opening of a new museum - we all have a favorite event.
Events and meetings make an impact that lasts a lifetime. As more of our lives are spent online, the time offline is truly rare. So, our goal is to make it easy to bring great people together, face-to-face.
With more than 4.5 million successful events brought to life using our award-winning event management platform, we'd say we're well on our way. As we look to the future, we're focused on continuing to innovate and create the best technology to bring joy through the power of in-person connection. And that's where you come in!
If you want a job where there’s more enthusiasm than there is red tape, where ideas are sought after and celebrated, and where hard work changes the course of human history, then Cvent and our newest product, Social Tables, may be the place for you!
Supporting Social Tables, our Principal Software Engineer will be engaged in a major initiative to build our next generation software platform and will be actively working on several exciting new products and features.These teams are utilizing the most cutting-edge tools and technologies, including modern and responsive single page applications powered by React.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead and mentor teams of dedicated engineers to build Internet scale applications where performance, reliability and scalability, are critical design goals – not after-thoughts.
- Create beautiful, interactive and easy-to-use web applications using React, Redux, Webpack, and the rest of the rapidly advancing React ecosystem
- Responsible for upholding technical rigor on their team
- Serve as technical tie breaker for all technical decisions on the team
- Provide mentorship and technical leadership to the engineers on your team
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager, Product Manager, and Product Designer on breaking down problems into achievable chunks
- Use Node.js on the server
- Restify for APIs, GraphQL for web apps
- LaunchDarkly for feature flagging
- React on the browser, and when we need more complex state management on the browser, use Redux
- Three.js/WebGL for our 3D visualizations
- Build browser assets with Webpack
- MySQL for database storage
- AWS for infrastructure, deploying services with ECS and Lambda
- Develop on local machines, not in the cloud
What You Need For This Position
The prerequisites for joining our development team are simple. We seek people who take ownership over the full scope of their product – design, development, and operations. We are about empowering developers to apply what they do best to empower our users to plan and run great events. Developers who take initiative to find and solve problems thrive here.
- 7+ years of overall development experience, including at least two years of leading and mentoring other engineers
- Experience working with React, Vue, or Angular
- Experience with data-structures and persistence tools such as relational and document databases
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science OR a related technical discipline. Equivalent experience will also be considered
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, semi-annual bonuses, 401K Match, gym membership discounts and other great perks! If you would like to learn more about Cvent and our products, visit our website at www.cvent.com
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace