Northrop Grumman Space Launch and Missile Defense Systems Sector is looking for Principal Software Engineer/Sr Principal Software Engineers to join our team based out of Huntsville, Alabama. We are leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
If you've been looking for your next career move and wanting an organization where you have freedom to innovate, grow and fully leverage your recruiting acumen, then apply today!
What You’ll get to Do
• Participate in the entire lifecycle of software development from requirements definition to integration & deployment
• Apply “systems thinking” to ensure our products are scalable, maintainable, and meet end-user needs
• Communicate openly and effectively with teammates and customer representatives
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal Software Engineer or Sr Principal Software Engineer level.
• Principal Software Engineers require a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors’ of Science in a STEM-related field (preferred); 9 years’ experience in lieu of a degree; 3 years with a Masters and 0 years with a PHD.
•Sr. Principal Software Engineers require a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors’ of Science STEM-related field (preferred);13 years’ experience in lieu of a degree;7 years with a Masters and 4 years with a PHD
• Experience developing software in object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, C#, or Ada.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
• Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with technical teams.
• Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
• Experience analyzing complex problems and developing solutions.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Experience with the Missile Defense and Sense & Warn based systems.
• Experience with international sensors and fire control systems.
• Development utilizing a Linux based development environment.
• Knowledge of various scripting languages and tools: Python, MATLAB, etc.
• Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs
• Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
• Proven communications skills with armed services & government customer.
• Active Secret (or above) Security Clearance.
• Sec+ Certification
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
• Health Plan
• Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Education Assistance
• Training and Development
• Flexible Work Arrangements
Please click on the Link to review all Northrop Grumman: https://benefits.northropgrumman.com/us/en2/BenefitsOverview/Pages/default.aspx
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/ AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.