- Based in Melbourne, Australia
- Australian work visa sponsorship available for foreign nationals
- Discretionary bonus
If your dream is to experience professional life in Australia, here’s the perfect opportunity!
You will work alongside seasoned, driven professionals who are passionate, smart, creative and proud to be part of this business. They will challenge you and help foster your growth, whilst also encouraging you to experience the wonderful Australian life in the process!
Proudly Australian owned and operated, HRL Technology Group is recognised as a market leader in technical consulting, analysis, testing and integrated engineering and laboratory services. We create customer solutions focused on developing new processes, technology and optimising performance in the energy, resources, engineering and manufacturing industries, nationally and in the Asia Pacific region.
HRL’s engineering team is second to none; we differentiate ourselves by not only performing advanced engineering assessments but also by field testing, to determine and verify our calculations. This makes us practical in our approach and smarter by experience.
About the role
With at least ten years of hands-on relevant professional experience, you will work with and lead a range of tasks, primarily focusing on the provision of acceptance testing and evaluation services for turbine-generator and condenser plant and routine plant performance measurement and evaluation services.
The role will include:
The role will include:
- Managing the provision of accurate, reliable and independent services to measure and assess performance against contractual guarantees (in particular for steam turbines) and to provide a datum for future performance measurement comparisons.
- Providing routine steam and gas turbine/generator, condenser, boiler, pump, ID and FD fan, cooling tower, dust collection equipment, milling systems and air heater plant performance measurement and evaluation services to assess current performance and condition of plant to optimise efficiency and / or plan maintenance / outage and/or cleaning activities. Plants range in size from 6MWe to 750 MWe.
- Analysing key plant data to predict deterioration and performance of a tested plant using appropriate energy and mass balance software, spreadsheets etc. (SteamMaster / Pro, Excel, Visual Basic etc).
- Identifying the root cause and possible solution relating to plant performance related issues, using the available plant measurements and data.
- Developing test and reporting procedures to suit individual testing requirements in accordance with the relevant codes and standards.
- Management of a team of engineers and technical officers to provide performance testing and consulting services.
- A key component of the role will be management of sales of plant performance test and consultancy services to HRL’s existing customer base, including development of new markets (including in South-East Asia) in conjunction with HRL’s sales team.
- Must have demonstrated and proven experience and capability in managing and conducting acceptance / guarantee performance testing of steam turbines to relevant codes, including proven ability to interpret the data and to discuss and defend the test result outcomes with the OEM and client.
- Have a minimum 10 years’ experience in:
- providing independent testing of power plant performance acceptance / guarantee / routine tests in accordance with relevant codes and standards (steam turbine, boilers and auxiliary equipment)
- preparing detailed commissioning procedures, test procedures and test reports
- providing expert technical and engineering consultancy advice in relation to plant performance
- Have a suitable Scientific, Chemistry or Engineering degree or relevant qualification in related areas
- Have experience working in a consulting role
- Are committed to safe working practices, OHSE, Quality, Business Improvement and technical service delivery
- Can prepare detailed and accurate project cost estimates, proposals, tenders and RFQ submissions and have demonstrated ability to proactively market and sell performance testing and consulting services.
- Have good written and verbal English communication skills and well developed interpersonal skills
- Are proficient computing skills utilising Microsoft suite of software, including; Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, MS Project etc
- Are energetic in your approach, a self-starter, passionate about getting things done with minimal supervision
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Have demonstrated practical and hands-on skills. (This role will involve physical activities at client sites)
- Can and are willing to travel within Australia and internationally for periods of one to four weeks at regular frequency.
- Have a valid driver's licence
- Are affiliated with a professional body (desirable)
- Have good business acumen, network and partnership development skills.
- Can provide technical advice to other professionals, coach and mentor staff
- Combustion performance and optimisation of large coal-fired boilers, including knowledge of mill performance optimisation, biomass cofiring, slagging/fouling causes and prevention, and boiler tuning.
- Gas turbine and combined cycle system design and performance.
- Flexible operations of large coal fired and GT / GTCC power stations.
Along with a competitive remuneration package, HRL offers challenging work, meaningful development opportunities, variable pay to eligible employees, flexible work arrangements, genuine opportunity to extend your skills and widen your career and a privileged, diverse culture built on smart, easy-going colleagues we surround ourselves with. If you join HRL, you are joining a collaborative team that values care, excellence, value creation and agility. You will work alongside seasoned, driven professionals who are passionate, smart, creative and proud to be part of this business and who will challenge you and help foster your growth.
If you like what’s on offer, please submit your application with a cover letter, explaining how you meet the requirements of this position and a detailed resume.
Company Website: https://www.hrlt.com.au/
Company Contact: HR Advisor, email:email@example.com