Northrop Grumman Mission Systems has an opening for a Hardware Subsystem Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Baltimore, MD.
The selected candidate will develop plans and execute integration and test activities on subsystem hardware. Types of integrated hardware include antennas, system power supplies, control system modules, RF signal processing and conditioning and software modules. System test equipment will include lab power supplies, control test software, oscilloscopes, PNA, LNA, spectrum analyzers, signal generators and NSI range equipment. Candidates will work with this type of hardware and support test equipment in both labs and anechoic chambers.
The ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of hardware planning, testing and verification of performance. Additionally, strong leadership skills and the ability to communicate effectively and delegate tasks across a multi-disciplined team is required.
- Integrate and test complex subsystem hardware for various RF and environmental performance testing
- Execute performance tests in anechoic chambers (Near Field / Far Field Ranges) using NSI equipment
- Troubleshoot hardware/software issues and create resolution plan
- Provide leadership on a multi-disciplined test team
- Develop antenna subsystem test plans, procedures and schedules
- Process data and generate data reports
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, multi-shift work environment with high expectations and challenging schedules. Leadership of a small to midsize team with a focus on delivering hardware is required. Candidate must be comfortable in multiple lab environments, understand people/hardware safety and collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and other integration/test engineers.
- B.S degreein aSTEM field with 5 years of engineering experience; Master's Degree in STEM and3 years of engineering experience; or0 years of experience with a STEM PhD.
- Previous experience with integrating and testing RF hardware
- Knowledge of Antenna Theory
- Experience scripting in Matlab
- Ability to Obtainan Interim Secret Clearance, U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite
- Antenna Range operation experience
- Experience with RF equipment such as PNA, spectrum analyzer, power meter and NSI test equipment
- Experience in troubleshooting hardware and test benches
- Experience generating performance estimates, RF link budgets, and power budgets
- Active, in scope DoD Top Secret or SCI clearance
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management