Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The Principal Systems Engineer provides overall guidance to OTECH programs by applying advanced technical knowledge to OTECH’s engineering and design activities. Provides technical guidance and recommendations to Program Managers and teams of engineers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Shall perform analysis of user requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Analyze system requirements and lead design and development activities. Guide users in formulating requirements, advise alternative approaches, and conduct feasibility studies.
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology, incorporate new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations, develop technical documentation, system architecture, and system design documentation.
- Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans and procedures.
- Take an active leadership role in Bid and Proposal efforts including cost estimating, technical approach definition, and input to baseline schedule data.
- Provide Leadership and technical oversight to a myriad of ADTECH Technical Working Groups, including assessing and improving ADTECH processes and capabilities.
- Some travel may be required.
- BS degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or Systems Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering preferred.
- INCOSE/CSEP/ESEP Certificate required.
- Minimum 20 years of practical experience in Systems Engineering.
- Three or more years of management experience leading multidisciplinary design teams.
- Minimum 16 years of experience with
- contributing to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation, including system engineering plans, initial capabilities documents, requirements specifications, and interface control documents
- managing system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architectures, including Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF and Service-oriented Architecture (SOA)
- assisting with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
- participating in the development of system engineering documentation, including system engineering plans, initial capabilities documents, requirements specifications, and interface control documents
- system requirements and stakeholder needs, including functions that may be logically inferred and implied, as essential to system effectiveness
- Working knowledge with an SEDB tool (CRADLE, DOORS etc)
- 5 Years of experience at the design engineering level
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- US Citizenship Required
- Must be able to obtain government security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.