If you’re a talented writer who knows how to leverage content to engage an audience, this position may be a good fit for you. You’ll be responsible for building content, aligning that content with our strategy, voice and tone and executing across multiple channels. At Edelman Financial Engines content is king: it’s how we’ll continue to build relationships and drive our brand. If you’re a self-starter who is ready to use your craft to drive a business, you’re in the right place!
- Help build the content strategy utilizing multiple channels.
- Test & learn to build new opportunities in existing and new distribution channels.
- Plan and execute whitepapers, webinars, infographics, blogs, videos, etc. to engage the target audience.
- Produce content in support of marketing initiatives, partnering with marketing program managers and overall marketing/PR strategy.
- Set monthly and quarterly critical success metrics and track progress using qualitative and quantitative data.
- Write creative briefs ,author/write and execute content as needed. Content will be both B2C and B2B.
- Project manage the content development and deployment process.
- Proofread and edit materials to ensure accuracy of information and consistency of overall voice, tone and direction of brand across collateral and sales materials.
- Manage content/editorial calendars for programs.
- Stay current on industry trends and new mediums that can improve our content.
- Regularly report on project status, track success metrics, and look for opportunities for improvement.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Great understanding of different content distribution channels and how to approach them. (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, company website, content marketing, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent storyteller, writer and editor.
- Ability to break down complex topics to make them engaging, entertaining and simple to understand.
- Exceptional eye for detail and consistency including excellent editing and proofreading skills.
- Highly self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, strong sense of ownership, driven to learn, strong interpersonal skills and able to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail.
- Strong business acumen and ability to make decisions aligned with business and content strategy.
- Creativity, curiosity, innovation and excitement with a willingness to learn.
- Takes initiative, recognizes needs and acts on them, and proactively keeps manager and others appraised on projects, workload, demands and new initiatives.
- Proficiency with both Mac or PC computers and related word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software.
Required Experience and Education:
- 10+ years writing experience
- Strong project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Past marketing or communication experience within the financial services industry is a plus.
- Proven history of managing deliverables and creation of content to generate results.
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews1 and Barron’s2 with 170+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by more than 1.2 million clients to manage more than $213 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated personal financial planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
© 2019 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
For California residents, please see the link for the Privacy Notice for Candidates. California law requires that we provide you this notice about the collection and use of your personal information. Please read it carefully and reach out to Jill O’Connell (857-305-8555 or email@example.com) with any questions.
Edelman Financial Engines encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital, domestic partner, or civil union status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, ethnic heritage, genetic information, age, legally recognized disability, military service or veteran status.
1 Ranking and status for 2019. For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/);
2 The 2019 Top 50 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.