HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. Everyday millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global’s technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet—helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
We are an exceptional team in pioneering new, people-centric approaches to power the trusted identities required to navigate the physical and cyber worlds with confidence. And we are actively looking for engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals to join our rapidly growing team!
If you want to be part of pioneer players at a company that is changing the world, please read on!
Full-stack Software Engineer with experience in building enterprise grade web applications and microservices. Candidates must have full product lifecycle experience in at least one major cloud vendor environment (AWS, Azure, Google, etc). Candidates with current or previous experience working with Go (Golang) are preferred, but all candidates must be open to learning Go. Candidates must have current or previous experience with at least one major web
front-end technology (Kendo UI, Angular, React, etc.), React is preferred.
Ideal candidates will have full product lifecycle experience with microservice architecture in a Kubernetes framework, developing backend components with Go and Java, and front-end components in React.
Senior Full-Stack Engineer shall be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining microservices in the Bluvision Bluzone Cloud, processing 60+ Terabytes of IoT data per day. Microservices consume from streams or REST APIs and emit data to either a stream file system, or database.
● Assume responsibility for the full lifecycle of your code, from implementation to testing to user acceptance to deployment
● Participate in Scrum meetings for Sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, and daily standups
● Write test-driven, maintainable code and follow industry standards and web development best practices
● Gather requirements and create technical specifications as needed
● Implement new features and maintain existing features of production pipeline
● Work with architects, project managers and other engineers to assure accurate timelines and deliverables
● Collaborate with fellow engineers to find elegant, long-term solutions as well as creative quick fixes to problems
● Document code and create high-level interaction diagrams
● Participate in on-call support rotation
● Handle tier-3 support issues
● Experience with at least one Cloud platform: AWS, Azure, Google, CloudFoundry, OpenStack, etc.
● Experience in developing pure cloud, or hybrid cloud solutions, along with Integration with on-premises systems
● Proven experience with test-driven development in Java, Go, Python or equivalent language
● Must be comfortable working on the Unix/Linux shell command line
● Demonstrate the ability to reduce complex ideas and problems into clear concepts and solutions
● Must have experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (Iaas) applications (OpenStack, vSphere, AWS, Azure, etc)
● Must have experience using or developing Platform-as-a-Service (Paas) applications (CloudFoundry, Heroku, etc)
● Must have experience developing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications
● Experience with relational databases
● Familiarity with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
● Experience with message queues (Nats, Kinesis, Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc)
● Open to learning new languages and frameworks (Go)
● Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field required, with graduate degree preferred
● 7 - 10+ years of overall experience in Application/Solution Development domain
● Experience building Cloud Native Applications
● Strong hands-on understanding of scalability, security, high availability and operational requirements
● Experience with full product lifecycle
● Experience with Git
● Experience with Atlassian suite: Jira, Confluence, etc
● Expert level experience with Java, JEE framework and Spring
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to apply online, please contact us at [email protected], to submit your expression of interest in a position with our Company.