Who we are!
At 4Ci our mission is to build long term relationships, based on trust, integrity, and knowledge with all our employees and business affiliates. 4Ci has been in business for 20 years and has employees working on mission critical projects nationwide. We provide computer programming, testing, and system design services to develop and maintain multi-year, multi-million-dollar mission critical applications for the US Government. Examples of such applications are Medicaid MMIS systems, Health Insurance Exchange, Child Support, Food Stamps, and Unemployment Insurance. We hire people that have desire, aptitude, and attitude to work with our clients such as big 3 consulting firms and US State Government and others.
While employed with us you get hands on experience with very large-scale mission critical applications that use latest in technology trends and software tools. We invest in training our resources and retool their expertise to meet our project needs.
More importantly our employees have a well-defined social and business purpose to help our clients deliver social and welfare benefits to millions of needs families by use of technology and knowledge.
What we do
We partner with big 3 consulting firms to design, develop, and maintain complex, heterogeneous, and client facing web-based automation systems that deliver social and welfare benefits to millions of families, nationwide. To develop such highly complex web applications we need professionals with broad range of experience and skills ranging from subject matter experts, computer programmers, project managers, tester, systems analysts and others. We invest in training our employees and retool their expertise to meet our project needs.
Job Title: Application Developer
Location: Baton Rouge, LA /Remote
- Write complex SQL queries and data fixes to suppress records, change as of date, update and insert records
- Create test cases and test strategies for defects and enhancements
- Triage and test defects and provide mitigation plans (Business Impact and Workarounds)
- File and Database Validation (Interfaces, MMIS and etc.)
- Document infrastructure tasks in JIRA for flags and etc.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture team on stubbing
- Coordinate with SIT and Offshore developers on logic
- Individually meet with LDH management, program staff and test teams to determine defect testing needs Weekend work may be required; Assist with validation of Monthly Renewals conducted
- on weekend
- Reviewing deliverables that include design documents, code reviews and test plans to make sure they are aligned with application and architecture standards.
- Supporting problem investigations and analysis.
- Working with the business system consultant (BSC) during the requirements validation and advice on the technical feasibility of any requirement.
- Providing technical resolution to issues and show stoppers.
- Interacting with the Progressive release management team to ensure that the programming changes made with the project are making its way to production.
- Conducting project status review meetings and sending status reports to stake holders.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and develop implementation plan.
- Interacting with the offshore Developers to answer any technical queries and arrive at a solution.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of testing status.
- Estimate accurately the number of hours required to test each assigned project.
- Manage multiple projects to complete and escalate any project related issues or risks to SIT leads.
Expertise and/or relevant experience in the following areas are mandatory:
- Minimum 4 years demonstrated experience writing complex SQL queries and
- working on teams
- Minimum 4 years demonstrated experience creating dashboards in Tableau and/or
- reports in Pentaho and working on teams
- Minimum 4 years demonstrated experience with production deployments and
- working on teams.
- Experience with Bamboo and Git
- Basic SQL and Linux skills and working on teams
- Work nights and weekends when required.
- Working knowledge of JIRA
- Experience in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) phases such as design,
- development, testing, and deployment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of SOAPUI
- Knowledge of Automated Testing tools
- Strong analytical, technical and troubleshooting skills
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, or Computer Science and Engineering or STEM related courses.
Job may require travel to unanticipated client sites with expenses paid by the employer. 40 hours per week. M-F. Must be authorized to work in the United States. Email resumes to email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Attn: HR, 4Consulting, Inc., 10440 N. Central Expressway, Suite 643, and Dallas, TX 75231.
4 Consulting Inc. offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. 4Ci is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. 4Ci complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.