POSITION TITLE: Print Manager / Pressroom Manager Base Range $95 - $116k Plus Bonus
TEAM: General Manufacturing BASIC FUNCTION: Production
Manages the Printing teams in the manufacturing of quality products, supporting company goals and objectives.
Wide Web Flexographic Printing, Adhesive Lamination, Extrusion Lamination, Pouch Converting for Pharma, Food, Beverage, Pet, Nutritional, Nutraceuticals, Lubricants, Personal Care, Cosmetics and Household products.
- Management of Process Standards, Results & Improvements
- Manages printing production, driving improved customer quality, reliability, and cost reduction. Identifies and implements improvements as necessary.
- Creates and maintains production standards based on best practices, company goals and continuous improvement.
- Oversee/leads customer complaint responses. Analyzes root causes of process deviations, and determines corrective measures.
- Provides technical support to Sales Team and Product Development as needed.
- Manages Crew Supervisors responsible for supervision including hiring, terminations, recognition, discipline, training, employee relations, and performance management.
- Creates key performance indicators (KPIs) in conjunction with Plant Manager, and communicates desired results to supervisors.
- Promotes a strong safety and quality culture, promoting existing programs and processes
- Evaluates employee performance, and conducts performance reviews while supporting employee growth and career development.
- Designs and develops training programs, and maps out training schedules.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Printing machines, uses, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, OneNote) and Enterprise Resource Planning Software (ERP).
- Proficient at color matching. Ability to pass color proficiency test and color blindness test.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree in Manufacturing Operations, and /or equivalent experience required.
3-5 years of machine process operation preferred.
3-5 years of leadership/management experience desired.