California Bank and Trust, a leader amongst banks in California with over $10 billion in assets and nearly 100 branch offices in the state, currently seeks a Private Banking Area Lending Manager (ALM) in its Mortgage Loan division in San Diego, Orange County or Los Angeles.
California Bank & Trust prides itself on creating California’s best banking relationships and to do this we continue to build a team of intelligent contributors who can add value to our clients’ businesses and build deep roots in the communities we serve.
- Manages and coordinates activities of residential and mortgage lenders and staff.
Trains, motivates, coaches and provides guidance to assigned area personnel in order to increase sales productivity.
Solicit and originate residential construction and/or mortgage loans, obtains and analyzes pertinent financial and credit data.
Monitors and evaluates production and goals.
Responsible for personal loan production and the overall sales effort of the assigned team.
Conducts mortgage sales staff meetings and educates staff on new and existing products and programs.
Responsible for planning, implementing and developing promotional and marketing initiatives, as well as expanding the company's sales and service culture.
- Train sales staff as needed.
Responsible for team compliance with policies and regulatory requirements.
Manages and mitigates risk within the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelors in Business, Finance or related field and 4+ years of banking, mortgage lending, sales and/or public relations or other directly related experience.
Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
Advanced knowledge of marketing, public relations, sales and service.
Strong management and leadership skills.
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Knowledge of mortgage banking services and products.
Must have solid customer service and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to coach and mentor mortgage staff
- Health / Dental / Vision benefits plan
- 401(k) plan with generous matching contribution
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience
- Promotional Opportunities & career growth
- Stable Employer and a division of Zions Bancorporation. Zions is included in the S&P 500 and NASDAQ Financial 100 indices