Private Client & Tax Associate Attorney (6+ years), Los Angeles
Wealth Planning - Estates, Succession & Trusts
Los Angeles (US) – Century City, CA
The Department: Our team helps successful families and entrepreneurs around the world structure their assets in a way that will preserve their wealth now and for future generations. We advise on all aspects of wealth structuring, using various techniques and vehicles such as trusts and entities. We have over 150 lawyers worldwide who concentrate on tax and succession planning for individuals and families. We advise on lifetime gifts, intervivos and post-mortem estate plans and issues related to the management and taxation of inter-generational transfer strategies.
The Role: The focus of this role will be to work directly with and advise high net worth individuals and family businesses on tax, trust and estate and business succession matters. #LI-Post
Skills and experience required
- Strong academic credentials (JD required; LLM is a plus)
- Ability to work directly with clients to identify estate and succession goals and develop and implement related strategies including drafting complex estate and gift planning documents (ranging from revocable trusts to GRATs, ILITs, dynasty trusts to other wealth planning strategies)
- Expertise preparing, researching and reviewing gift, estate and GST tax returns and the issues that arise in connection therewith
- Experience handling complex trust administrations and the issues that arise in connection with them, including valuation of assets, managing beneficiary expectations, and division and allocation of trusts
- Charitable tax and planned giving experience is a plus
- Strong project management, ability to balance a large number of competing priorities
- Ability to handle client matters independently, with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Team Player
- Ability to develop and maintain long-term client relationships
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible depending on the candidate
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.