The Private Equity Accountant will be responsible for maintaining all financial data in the investment database. You will be held accountable for reconciliations and functions of the like.
My client is a well known firm that thrives in providing Financial Services software. They are the number 1 private equity third party administrator globally. This particular Financial Reporting division covers the asset class of Private Equity and they are based in Downtown Boston. Currently, their company is in the growth stage and they are looking for a Private Equity Accountant to support this progressive trajectory.
Reporting directly into the local manager, the core responsibilities of the Private Equity Accountant will include the following:
- Calculate capital calls and distributions
- Allocate income to partners in accordance with terms of partnership agreements
- Prepare and issue quarterly financial statements, in accordance with US GAAP for each entity
- Maintain and update investment data (number of shares, location of securities, country of origin)
- Maintain all financial data in the investment database
- Post all journal entries and prepare monthly trial balance reports
- Reconcile all cash received from investors and investments
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Interact with clients and provide information as needed.
This role is an excellent foundation for someone who is looking to build a professional background in the private equity world. You will gain full exposure to the Private Equity funds and clients as they operate a hands on, broad, non-repetitive third party administration. They intend on growing this team significantly in the coming years and it's therefore a phenomenal opportunity to be involved at such an exciting stage in their growth.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
- 2+ years in Private Equity accounting or relevant field
- Previous private equity or financial reporting experience preferred
- Strong familiarity of industry and accounting principles
- Exceptional organizational and communication abilities
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and adhere to strict deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Base salary between $65,000 to $ 75,000
- Performance related bonus scheme (+/-10% performance pending)
- Senior Associate/ Assistant Manager level
- Generous benefits package
- Work-life balance arrangements/ working remotely available
- Downtown Boston location
$65,000.00 - $75,000.00 /year