Private Events Sales Assistant/Coordinator
The Private Events Assistant provides assistance to the Private Event Directors in order to achieve annual plan for private events through organized sales, prospecting, networking and marketing programs. They assist in achieving the prepared sales plan which has significant impact on the overall financial well-being of the club.
- Utilize all aspects of CaterPro to assist in managing the Club’s Private Events including tracers, daily planner, lists, contacts, prospects, menus, special instructions and accounting policies.
- Assist with the creation of, updating and organization of all sales tools as requested by the PED, including quarterly game plans, competitive analysis, social media, marketing and menus.
3. Update and timely distribute most current Function sheets.
4. Responsible for clear and timely communication with the PED(s), the Executive Chef, the Service Director and the Banquet Captains to ensure that the Member’s/Host’s needs are met.
- Ensure that all guarantees for Member and Guest events are obtained and updated as required.
- Adhere to all of the various Company, Club, and Department written standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the required elements of the role.
- If the Club’s PED in unavailable, the Private Events Coordinator may need to provide additional coverage on the phones or other aspects of the role.
- Must be comfortable answering phone calls, speaking with clients and club members face-to-face
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Able to independently resolve event questions which arise on a daily basis
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Prefer a minimum of two (2) years experience with a proven track record
- Sales experience preferably in catering and private event functions.
- Must have practical knowledge of food preparation and social customs of etiquette, especially in regards to private events
- Knowledgeable of all proper methods of food and beverage service, systems, controls and costs