Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals and businesses. With 10,869 Financial Advisors and $1.9 trillion in client balances as of December 31, 2015, Merrill Lynch is among the largest businesses of its kind in the world.
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management specializes in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance. Merrill Lynch's Financial Advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with a Financial Advisor committed to their needs an Advisor with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch and the banking convenience of Bank of America.
The Analyst (Registered) is a firm paid (exception only), salaried, exempt position on the Private Wealth Advisor Team to further develop and service their ultra-high net worth client base. The Analyst is responsible for implementing and executing the Optimal Practice Model (OPM) in their specific functional role (i.e. Business Development, Business Management, Relationship Management or Investments). Specific accountabilities for the role may vary depending on the team's practice. Performance is measured by the PWA or PWA team, along with OMT, through specific goals, metrics, and behaviors related to the execution of the OPM function. Requirements: Either Series 7 and 66 registrations or Series 7, 63, and 65. All state licenses in support of FA or FA Team's client base. All product licenses in support of FA or FA Team's client base. Obtain and/or maintain at least one firm approved designation. This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Define investment philosophy and strategy (e.g., asset allocation, strategic vs. tactical, active vs. passive) and clearly articulate approach to investing that is implemented through a repeatable process
- Manage client portfolio’s using a fully documented investment philosophy leveraging Wealth Management tools and review portfolios for potential rebalancing
- Establish a clear buy/sell discipline for selecting investment products consistent with client goals and risk tolerance for initiating and selling positions
- Implement, manage and deliver via the creation of model portfolios and engage in ongoing performance analysis of various asset classes as well as client education Have deep knowledge of the various Merrill Lynch investment platforms (e.g., MLPA, UMA, PIA, MFA) as well as the available products and solutions and relevant contacts
- Conduct ongoing research on markets and investments and follow disciplined process to monitor and respond to external events
- Either Series 7 and 66 licenses or Series 7, 63, and 65 licenses
- All state licenses in support of FA or FA Team’s client base
- All product licenses in support of FA or FA Team’s client base
- Currently hold at least one firm approved designation
- Safe Act Registered
Posting Date: 04/02/2019
Chicago, IL, 540 W MADISON ST (IL4540),
- United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift