As an Advanced Practice Practitioner in Plano’s Orthopedic department at Children’s Health, you will play an important part in helping children get the care they need.
The practitioner functions as a health care provider within the Children’s Health Andrews Institute providing age-appropriate and culturally sensitive care. This position is open to experienced Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants (preferably 2+ years in pediatric orthopedics).
Schedule Expecations: This role will need to be available to work as needed (PRN) nights and weekends including all holidays. There will be a mix of call shifts: Weeknights 5pm-7am and weekends and holidays for 12 or 24 hours.
The practice will involve care and management of patients for an orthopedic related diagnosis. Care will include performing assessments, admission H&Ps, daily plans of care, reductions, casting, hand call, minor orthopedic procedures, and first assisting in the operating room while on call. Practitioner will manage (in collaboration with the attendings) the inpatient course. Practitioner will initiate referrals and follow up on consults to other providers and clinic staff. Provider will see patients in the clinic either independently and/or as a team with the attending physicians.
- Practitioner will provide emergency room and hospital consultations
- Practitioner will provide care to ambulatory patients when needed in coordination with ambulatory nursing staff
- This position will require credentialing through our Medical Staff Services department and Managed Care.
Education, Licenses, Certifications, and Experience
- A Minimum of a Master's Degree (Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies) is required.
- Current license in the state of Texas (RN and APRN for Nurse Practitioner, PA for Physician Assistant), required.
- Current CPR/BLS for the Healthcare Provider, required.
- Current PALS certification, required
- RNFA a plus for Nurse Practitioners
- Children’s Health Children's Medical Center Plano: 7601 Preston Road Plano TX 75024
- Children’s Health Andrews Institute for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine: 7211 Preston Rd,, Suite 1200, Preston Road Plano TX 75024
Children’s Health values the role each member of our team plays in helping us make life better for children. We employ more than 7,500 people and provide rewarding career opportunities that enable them to reach their highest potential.
We also hold Magnetrecognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center for nursing excellence, which recognizes that we support education and development throughout your career, leading to greater autonomy at the bedside. In addition, we offer certification assistance, CNE credit for a variety of educational events and conferences, and tuition reimbursement after only six months of service.
We are also nationally ranked in all 10 pediatric specialties evaluated by U.S. News & World Report, we serve as the primary pediatric teaching facility for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, and we are widely recognized for delivering high quality care.
Children’s Health has also been named one of the 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Healthcare for nine consecutive years in recognition of our robust benefits and wellness initiatives and a work environment that promotes employee collaboration and satisfaction.
We invite you to learn more about Children’s Health.
Children’s Health offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for learning and career development. We promote a diverse and inclusive workplace, and our team members have a voice in their work through surveys and town halls.
Location: Plano, Texas
Activation Date: Monday, November 9, 2020
Expiration Date: Saturday, May 1, 2021