Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
- Greets and prepares patients for examination, explains specific procedures to be performed
- Performs screening or diagnostic mammography exams using excellent positioning and exposure techniques and examines developed films for technical quality. Follows written order or self-referral policy
- Conducts quality control tests following ACR, Manufacture Quality Control Manuals and department policy and procedure manuals
- Ensures both patient images and quality control tests are processed appropriately and stored in PAC's
- Correctly begins and ends all patients in the Imagecast RIS system
- Maintains current ARRT, CPR, and State of Nevada certifications; provides supervisor with proof of continuing education
- Uploads comparison CD’s into PAC’s
- Ensures all associated paperwork is scanned into PAC’s or sent to HIM’s
- May also be assigned to other modalities provided incumbent is certified or licensed in those modalities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an approved AMA Radiologic Technology program
- High school or GED
- Current CPR
- Current ARRT and Nevada State Mammography license
- Must have ARRT (M) certification
- Must be flexible to work overtime and on call as needed
- May rotate within Imaging Services Department to include satellite offices
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate technical procedures and results with patients and providers
- Skilled in properly positioning patients to provide quality imaging
- Advanced knowledge of radiology equipment, testing and safety hazards related to radiology
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of mammography procedures and diagnosis
- Advanced knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- 1+ years of Mammography experience
- Basic computer skills, RIS and PACS
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: ARRT, ARRT-M, Mammography, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada