American Healthcare Resources is seeking PRN Nurse Practitioners (NPs) for clinics in an urgent care setting in Birmingham. Hours are 8 AM to 6 PM and 8 AM to 8 PM. Schedule based on your availability! We offer weekly pay with direct deposit!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess and treat patients with common acute conditions, illnesses, or minor trauma in collaboration with a physician
- Collaborate with the physician in the health care of patients with chronic illnesses.
- Educate patients and/or families about preventive care, positive behaviors, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Maintain legible, accurate, and confidential medical records.
- Document all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations
- Order diagnostic tests as appropriate.
- Prescribe medications within scope of license.
- Facilitate evaluation of records by physician(s) according to protocols and receive and implement constructive directives.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including annual physicals, positive health behaviors, self-care skills, and use of prescribed medical treatments and medications through education and counseling.
- Regular attendance to ensure efficient operations
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in patient flow through patient triage and other nursing duties as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Current licensure as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (ANCC or AANP) in Adult or Family
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Urgent Care and/or ER
- Ability to learn and utilize Electronic Medical Records system
- Flexible, self-motivated individual who is dedicated to quality patient care and customer satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Projects a positive image and has a “Patients First” attitude