Truman Medical Centers is a 600-bed, non-for-profit health system. Comprised of two campuses, Truman Medical Centers is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in the Jackson County / Kansas City metro area. Truman Medical Centers also serves as the primary teaching institution for the University of Missouri Kansas City (UMKC) Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, and Pharmacy.
Truman Medical Centers Heath Sciences District is located in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. The Health Sciences District represents a robust academic community, leading the forefront of biomedical research and entrepreneurship, employing cutting edge and award-winning technology, and delivering state-of-the-art evidence-based health care, with outstanding service excellence. Partnered with UMKC and Children’s Mercy Hospital, Truman Medical Centers serves as the cornerstone in educating the next generation of healthcare practitioners. Specializing in Emergency Medicine, Critical Care, with a fully-integrated Cath Lab, Truman Medical Centers is delivering the highest quality medical care for our patients with compassion, empathy, and unparalleled dedication to service.
Truman Medical Centers Lakewood is located between Kansas City and Lee’s Summit, Missouri, offering residents of Eastern Jackson County access to a modern community hospital with a continuum of outpatient services designed to meet the needs of families. Truman Medical Centers Lakewood specializes in high-risk maternal and child care, and serves as one of the few Kansas City metro area institutions accredited by The Joint Commission in Orthopedics and Palliative Care.
Perform general diagnostic radiographs. Operate imaging equipment and develops film. Prepare patient's room, equipment, supplies, and medications. Provide patient services using imaging modalities. Work under moderate direction from the supervisor or manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduation from Radiologic Technology Program and/or registry eligible or registered. Must pass registry within two years of graduation. Once registered, must maintain registered status
- Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills to assist patients in the x-ray process and explain procedures. Ability to work effectively with patients of all ages
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds to assist and move patients
- Ability to operate a computer to input and retrieve data
- Maintain CPR certification for continued employment
- One year experience preferred